• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2023 at 5:31 PM, Ron C. said:

Final addition to my jam piece.... Green Goblin by Joe Rubinstein.

jam final combined.jpg

Isn't that the one where you asked our opinion what it should be?

I almost thought you were to go with Mary Jane lol

It's nice that the Rubinstein sig is in color too! I assume that is because he colored it?  :shy:

That looks extra sweet! From the purple fade in the cowl to the yellowish green eyes with crazy smile and teeth! I've not known Joe to go all out like that... and idk that maybe looks similar to covers I thought were cool...

Maybe they WERE Rubinstein and I didn't know...  doh!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Isn't that the one where you asked our opinion what it should be?

I almost thought you were to go with Mary Jane lol

It's nice that the Rubinstein sig is in color to! I assume that is because he colored it?  :shy:

That looks extra sweet! From the purple gade in the cowl to the yellowish green eyes with crazy smile and teeth! I've not known Joe to go all out like that... and idk that maybe look similar to covers opi thought were cool...

Maybe they WERE Rubinstein and I didn't know...  doh!

It is...I was considering a MJ, but Joe offered this colored option and I thought it was perfect for this focal spot!

On 8/4/2023 at 6:08 PM, Ron C. said:

It is...I was considering a MJ, but Joe offered this colored option and I thought it was perfect for this focal spot!

It IS!

Oh and I edited to fix the spelling errors lol

On 8/5/2023 at 3:01 PM, Ron C. said:

This one is just plain cool!  A great Walt Simonson Thor coupled with back cover lightning bolt sketches by Louise Simonson and Stan Lee.

Walt Thor Louise Stan Lee back combined.jpg

The label reads it out nice, and I agree super cool. I'm used to cgc singling out the signed and sketched out, followed by sketchers. I was on my phone, but looks like signed and sketched by, list of names, and then the date, which is all encompassing!

I have one like that, that I probably won't add to, as it's a Campbell and Eastman, and I'm not sure if the label would get confused with the separate art. Campbell did a pizza slice, and Eastman drew a TMNT holding it. Both artists used different colors, which is helpful. You've done this more often than I...

So I said all that to say good eye! ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'm just saying at least we know what was sketched and by whom lol

Two lightning bolts or two of the same anything didn't get lost in the jumble, even Stan can draw a lightning bolt!  :banana:

On 8/9/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ron C. said:

Now the question is.... which cover by Jennifer Allyn?

Catwoman Jennifer Allyn 98 1.jpg

Catwoman Jennifer Allyn 98 2.jpg

That's actually a tough choice.  I would have to see what her signature looks like and determine which one it would look best on - and hope it doesn't cover up too much of that beautiful art.  Just my $0.02.