• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2023 at 6:10 AM, ivdyer said:

Yes, this was facilitated by @Kevlar and other comics were signed.  She just decided day of that she would not sign any original art.

She despises the fact that Paul Verhoeven included her exposed hoo-hah in that scene. Her version is that he lied to her and said the panties were creating a glare . . .

Sorry you didn't get you The Quick and The Dead  sketch signed, though.

On 10/3/2023 at 12:48 PM, seanfingh said:

She despises the fact that Paul Verhoeven included her exposed hoo-hah in that scene. Her version is that he lied to her and said the panties were creating a glare . . .

Sorry you didn't get you The Quick and The Dead  sketch signed, though.

I was aware but was told there were no limitations to what she would sign.  That changed day of and she also dictated where she would sign certain things regardless of indicated customer windows.  

On 10/3/2023 at 3:51 PM, ivdyer said:

I was aware but was told there were no limitations to what she would sign.  That changed day of and she also dictated where she would sign certain things regardless of indicated customer windows.  

That is an awesome Ash sketch cover. Given how much Sharon Stone has negatively commented on that scene these past few years, I wonder if the better option would have been to get her signature on a blank first (if a Stone signature was the final goal)?

Either way, it is a wonderful piece!

On 10/3/2023 at 3:01 PM, Ron C. said:

That is an awesome Ash sketch cover. Given how much Sharon Stone has negatively commented on that scene these past few years, I wonder if the better option would have been to get her signature on a blank first (if a Stone signature was the final goal)?

Either way, it is a wonderful piece!

Its a toss up, some will not sign OA (Stallone, he now has a premium mark up for OA but before he would not sign OA) and some will not sign a blank unless there is something on it.  When I met Uma Thurman, well before her private signings, her team was adamant that she would not sign a blank.  I had to send her the artwork from Ash to be approved before she would agree to sign his work.  I can only go on what the facilitator tells me and at the time there were no limitations on what she would sign....that changed day of    

On 10/13/2023 at 5:09 PM, ivdyer said:

Finally the last of my Hardy books to show up.  Had to to get his Tony Sklepic piece signed, which the sig was better but it’s signed…..

IMG_7871.thumb.jpeg.269a0a33f230dadfcce6ff6c204c8185.jpeg

Still can make it out though, very nice.

On 7/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, srezvan said:

I ordered a commission 27 months ago (that's not a typo) that arrived this week. We exchanged many emails over that time with moving estimates, but it's here and it's not going anywhere. There's an incredible texture on this, too.

image.thumb.jpeg.111be419a979c2ec810e199c22bac233.jpeg

Amazing! Congrats!