• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeremy Renner "Critical But Stable" Following Weather-Related Accident
2 2

8 posts in this topic

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/jeremy-renner-critical-but-stable-following-weather-related-accident/

Not many details available yet.

With only two weeks to go before he's set to return for the second season of Paramount+, Taylor Sheridan (Yellowstone) and Hugh Dillon's Mayor of Kingstown, Variety is reporting that Jeremy Renner is in "critical but stable" condition following what's being described as a weather-related accident. "We can confirm Jeremy is in critical but stable condition with injuries suffered after experiencing a weather-related accident while plowing snow earlier today. His family is with him, and he is receiving excellent care," a representative confirmed to the media news outlet. While details are still developing (including where the accident took place), Renner has a home in Washoe County, Nevada, that he's owned for several years. That's important to note since the area received heavy snowfall over the New Year's Eve/Day weekend.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Grendel72 said:

After reading that article looks like he is going to have long rehab on that leg. The doctor probably save him 
from bleeding out.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-04/jeremy-renner-helping-others-when-critically-injured/101825506

Renner was being a 'good samaritan' helping a trapped car-driver free their car. No good deed and all that. :whatthe:

Wishing him well in all this. 

I was actually following this because he sustained some pretty serious injuries doing something I do just about every time it snows (I plow our house and our restaurant). I've actually fallen hard on the ground getting back into my truck (big boots, big clothing restricting movement and everything slippery) - so this isn't something that is a freak accident, it can happen really easily.

Definitely a cautionary tale - if you get out of your rig, put it in park, even if you think the snow is deep enough to keep you from moving. It looks like his blades were wider than his Snow Cat, if he fell trying to get in while it was rolling back and his blade was up only a bit (you bring the blade up a bit when you reverse), he could have fallen clear of the tracks, but still in the way of the blade.

The plow blade is probably 3/8" steel or thicker and isn't going to give. The hydraulics of the plow might lift up a bit when put against resistance, but a squishy human body isn't going to cause a whole lot of resistance under a plow blade.

Hope he's on his way to recovery.