• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know CCS actually pressed my book
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I just received my Todd McFarlane signings and I had paid for CCS to press the books after signing. It looks to me like they didn't press them. Is there a way I can find out if the press has been done? I thought it might show up in the file notes.PXL_20230105_164511086.thumb.jpg.328cd0c30544a885781bbc723f47f81a.jpg Grader notes the flaws but I figured it was pressable. Two books look like they haven't been pressed, one because of a small non color break crease in the corner, the other is non color break creases on the spine otherwise the book looks flat. The other books are quite new so I can't tell if they've been pressed. If it wasn't pressed how do I get them to correct it without paying for shipping and a new press. I have sent an email and waiting for their reply. PXL_20230105_164001781.thumb.jpg.b8baee73f62c95ad26ef443d6a835888.jpgPXL_20230105_163954133.thumb.jpg.22a802504f0b48957bbdb18ba87d9ca3.jpg

On 1/5/2023 at 10:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wonder if that bent corner could have been caused by SCS.

I actually don't remember it being there when I sent it in but I don't have photos for proof. It was my first submission, so lesson learned. It was noted in the graders notes, so possibly done after pressing. It didn't occur to me.

Edited by Robin Landry

What was the given grade?

If you feel brave, and this was delivered to you recently from CGC, you can send back as a Mechanical Error and have them press that corner back into shape. You can call or email first with pics and explanation. If you do send it back I would use a sharpie to circle the problem spot(s).

On 1/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, jokiing said:

What was the given grade?

If you feel brave, and this was delivered to you recently from CGC, you can send back as a Mechanical Error and have them press that corner back into shape. You can call or email first with pics and explanation. If you do send it back I would use a sharpie to circle the problem spot(s).

Grade came out as 9.4 for the light crease in the corner. I'm more curious if they actually pressed it or not.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:22 AM, DougC said:

I posted in your other thread about this but this is just what CCS does to books. Eventually it will come to a head given just how bad things are getting but we are not there yet, best advice is to never send your books to CCS for pressing.

It's the first time I used them because I figured it was easy to do after the signing. But I can't confirm that they actually did it. I will call customer service next week to see if they did what I was charged for.

On 1/6/2023 at 2:44 PM, Robin Landry said:

It's the first time I used them because I figured it was easy to do after the signing. But I can't confirm that they actually did it. I will call customer service next week to see if they did what I was charged for.

Really no other choice than CCS for a post signing press.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:18 PM, Robin Landry said:

Update. They told me the pressing was done after the signature but couldn't guarantee pressing fixes everything.

and did you answer, no ____ Sherlock?

go to the CCS homepage and look under the "What CCS Can Do" area (bends, corner crunch, dirt, finger bends, non-color-breaking spine stress, ripples, spine roll, stacking bends, writing)

https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

ask yourself how many times have you ever seen a before and after picture on these boards that show that kind of attention and care done to a book submitted to CCS ..... I'd love to see examples because other than the ones they have posted I've never seen it and have seen more examples of people questioning if they even touched their book

CCS (at least at current day) is the McDonalds of comic book pressing .... no offense to McDonalds

Edited by StillOnly25Cents