• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probably common knowledge for most but: Spencer Beck / The Artist's Choice ?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

His site hasn't been updated since 2018 (at least that's what is says) and I tried emailing him over a week ago. Talked with a guy who purchased a piece of art from him off his website - but he didn't say when. I was just curious if he's still around doing his thing.

You’re gonna get a lot of different responses here. What I’ll say… 

The site is pretty antiquated and is not updated. If you see something you like, you gotta email. Chances are it’s not still available, but you never know. Spencer is hit and miss with emails. I’ve gotten quick responses before (within 24 hours) and other times nothing after a month so I’ll email again. It’s been said the site will get an update / refresh at some point, but I’ve been hearing that for years, so take it with a grain of salt. Spencer is pretty active selling with Clan McDonald on Facebook if you’re looking for more modern stuff. Never heard anything bad about Spencer himself, but I don’t bother with his site anymore. 2c

Reached out to purchase about 15 pages. Month later. None in stock. Reach out about 15 more and he said he already told me they were sold out. Tried clarifying but that didn't work. Arguing wasn't worth it.

Seems like a nice enough guy, but with a stock that hasn't been updated in years it's not even worth scrolling through.

I just emailed him yesterday about 4 pages of art. Got an almost immediate response but regretably the art had sold in the last update he said. Through email Spencer doesn't seem nice but I've seen him at shows and he has been really helpful with me. Sunday is apparently when he catches up with emails so it would be wiser to email him on a Saturday in order to get a faster response.