• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some of your favorite video game soundtracks?
1 1

33 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 3:34 PM, James' Honey Pot said:

San Andreas

I believe it’s far more limited now in online versions as Rockstar remove songs for which their licensing has elapsed.

I agree totally though, the original PS2 / X-Box song selection was great driving music, something for all tastes.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:01 AM, Terry JSA said:

I didn’t see a thread for this and thought I’d make one.

Here’s my favorite soundtracks:

Halo 3

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 

Jet Set Radio Future

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Sonic Adventure 2

Assassin’s Creed II

Mortal Kombat: The Album

Some Old School

Phoenix Arcade - Beethoven - Für Elise
Gyruss Arcade: Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565

Journey Escape Arcade: Stone in Love, Don't Stop Believin', Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Wheel In The Sky, Lights, Chain Reaction

Pengo Arcade: some version of the game use "Popcorn" made most famous by "Hot Butter".
Tombstone City on TI 99-4/a Home Computer

The Sega CD version of Mortal Kombat, Battle Arena Toshinden, and Lords of Thunder!

Next time you are at a convention browse the cheap Sega CD games for great music. Due to how they were created you can just slide them into any CD player and listen to the track list.

Elder Scrolls IV (Jeremy Soule)
No More Heroes (Masafumi Takada, Jun Fukuda)
The Legend of Zelda series, particularly Twilight Princess (Toru Minegishi, Asuka Hayazaki) and Skyward Sword (Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, Mahito Yokota, Takeshi Hama)
Final Fantasy II (Nobuo Uematsu)
Sonic Adventure 2 (Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Tomoya Ohtani, Fumie Kumatani)

On 7/13/2023 at 1:23 PM, Jeffro. said:

The early Doom games had great music

Yup. Tinny, 8-bit, short-and-looped versions of songs from the big metal bands of the time. Remember especially the Pantera and Metallica ones.

The PS1 versions had a different soundtrack, sort of a gothic, choral, monasterial ambient score. Cathedral music, I called it at the time.

For the recent games they could afford an original industrial / djent soundtrack.

Edited by Ken Aldred