• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Required For Low Value Book?!
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Why do you make it so difficult to receive my book back? What I mean is it’s a low value book ($100) & you ship it so that if I’m not home during delivery I can’t get my book. They’ve now tried three times and there now sending my book back to you. 

I cannot control the delivery in any normal way. I can’t schedule a delivery with fedex, I can’t have it delivered to a different address, I can’t even pick it up at the fedex retail location in my area. I also can’t sign the door tag they left for me to sign so they could deliver. 

• Administrator

Hello @Corona smith, thank you for contacting CGC Comics.

All shipments are direct signature required with restrictions that do not allow packages to be rerouted or the address changed once they have shipped. Kindly keep in mind that these restrictions are in place to protect the security of your returning collectibles and they cannot be removed or amended.  

Just a friendly note, if a shipment is unable to be delivered after 3 delivery attempts, it will be returned to the sender.  Once a shipment is returned to CGC and processed through our mail queue. We will contact you to confirm the shipping address and make the necessary reshipping arrangements. Changes to the shipping method and/or address can be made by replying to the RETURNED SHIPMENT email notice. The RETURN SHIPMENT email will be sent to the account holder and the account holder must respond to that email directly to arrange any changes and re-delivery. 

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you! 

I’m also not expecting a email either because I’ve sent emails for days about this with no response. So I’m now supposed to believe when you get my book back you’ll email me? Just like all the emails I’ve sent so far about this have gone unanswered. I’ll be contacting the appropriate government officials and filing a complaint about your bs shipping method of theee days in a row when I’m working. Even calling fedex I could do nothing about my package because you guys choose an impossible shipping method for people who work during the week. 

Yeah, I know now I’ll never submit a book to you ever. Most people are working when packages are delivered and having to sign a low value book is ridiculous. Just more money you’re going up have to spend to send it to me.

Ship it via USPS and they hold the package at the post office until you can make it in. You and fedex should realize these things and allow people to sign for it online or a door tag. I could do nothing but collect the delivery attempt notes knowing I worked each day and not being able to do anything about it. 

Edited by Corona smith

• Administrator

Hello, we understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow for a few days for our email team to respond to your email inquiry, it can take several days for our team to get to an email depending on how many have been received. Thank you. 

I have a question @KaileeS CS @CrystalM CS

When submitting an order to CGC and filling out appropriate information for shipping address, is it possible to use an address to a local FedEx retail location to have them hold it for me so I can sign and pickup with them?

I have the same problem where I’m never home when FedEx decides they want to deliver to me. And many times, my local FedEx delivery tries to deliver to the wrong address or flat out doesn’t knock or ring. It’s insanely frustrating. I’d honestly rather just pick it up and sign for it.

Edited by kalanye

Originally posted in another thread:

Just curious...

We see stories like this many, many times. We've been told by CGC on many, many occasions (not to mention that official announcement) that this 'no redirects' rule is for our own good - I believe the exact wording is always something like "...to protect the security of your returning collectibles and they cannot be removed or amended." I was wondering ... before this rule went into effect, had any member had a problem (or know of someone who had a problem) with the security of their packages that this 'no redirects' rule would've prevented?