• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book torn by cgc
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm really not sure where to post this, in here, SS, General chat, wherever.  I contacted CS, but was basically told to suck it. It has been a few weeks since I got my book back from the Rose Besch signing, and my book was heavily damaged during the process, including some pressable defects that were not there when I sent it in, and paid for the pressing. There is also a tear on the back cover now. I have photos from before the signing, and there was no tear, or damage where there is now. The signature and remarque are exactly where I cut windows for them, so I cant imagine it was taken out. I just kept getting told that the damage happened in transit, and that was that. It is kind of hard to imagine that somehow a tear like this happened in transit. Even if that were true, the pressable things should of come out during the press. The front damage is kinda hard to photograph, but very noticeable in person. I have several more books currently there for both SS and regular grading, and it has really shaken my confidence in CGC.

s-l160sa.jpg

s-l160 back2.jpg

front2.jpg

Front Damage.jpg

Tear1.jpg

Tear2.jpg

Front Damage 2.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Maboc

Thank you for reaching out to us. I also located an email from you on this issue. I am not able to confirm or approve a damage claim with photos, so our first step is to have the grading team review the book in hand. I have sent some instructions to send the book in at no charge so that we can review the condition of the book. I will also supply your before and after photos to our grading team. 

Once reviewed, we can reach out to you with additional information, resolution and any next steps. 

If you have any questions, let us know. 

On 2/3/2023 at 5:24 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Maboc,

Could you please send us the order number of this package so we can review the cause for this? 

For sure, CGC5392961737 is the order number.4198213 is the submission number.