• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help from tick collectors!has cgc made an error?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Got this great tick 4...the thing is that it seems to me to be an original but cgc labels it as a chroma tick 1992.....need help here,is there a chroma tick like mine cause the ones i know says color!on the cover.has cgc made an error?

IMG_20230117_191045.jpg

On 1/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, Namtak said:

Got this great tick 4...the thing is that it seems to me to be an original but cgc labels it as a chroma tick 1992.....need help here,is there a chroma tick like mine cause the ones i know says color!on the cover.has cgc made an error?

IMG_20230117_191045.jpg

Looks like the first run #4 to me.

Here is a Chroma-Tick #4; similar but definitely different enough to label correctly:

Chroma Tick #4A

On 1/17/2023 at 8:57 PM, manetteska said:

Here is a Chroma-Tick #4; similar but definitely different enough to label correctly:

Chroma Tick #4A

I don't know, it only says "Chroma-Tick" at the top instead of "Tick", and it only has the word "Color" 3 times on the cover. Well, and a completely different price.  So kinda a judgement call, I'd say.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:16 PM, Namtak said:

IMG_20230117_191045.jpg

It's definitely mislabeled.  CGC has relabeled items for me for free (that I had CGCd) that had been mislabeled.  It won't mess up a personal collection as anyone can clearly see what comic book it actually is... BUT if someone is using the CGC registry to track their comics it will show up as the wrong comic.  So, while it will not change the value of the comic, it will change how it is able to be tracked.