• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman!!
9 9

218 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2024 at 12:43 PM, Sammyk0130 said:

Mine has finally moved BACK to GEI!!! Has anyone else seen when this happens it ships soon after?!?

Mine sat in Quality Control/Finalized for 5 weeks and moved the GEI like yours last week. Yesterday moved back to Quality Control/Finalized, I'm hoping it gets moved to shipping next day or so. I'm at 20 months at this point🫤 

On 7/9/2024 at 2:15 PM, RussJ1s said:

Mine sat in Quality Control/Finalized for 5 weeks and moved the GEI like yours last week. Yesterday moved back to Quality Control/Finalized, I'm hoping it gets moved to shipping next day or so. I'm at 20 months at this point🫤 

Yeah mine did all of that already haha. Hoping soon also… 

On 7/6/2024 at 7:08 PM, Ron C. said:

Mine is still at Quality Control/Finalized for some time.

wolverine.jpg

Amazing how some dealers got theirs first............nothing against the dealers..but CGC should have shipped everything together at once.

On 7/9/2024 at 3:30 PM, A-DONIS said:

Amazing how some dealers got theirs first............nothing against the dealers..but CGC should have shipped everything together at once.

100% the only people that have gotten theirs are shops. You can tell by the eBay listings lol. I’m even 30 min from Sarasota on vacation and called to ask if I can just come by there and slap the damn CA sticker on it 😂 

CA just told me my books are in Grading/QC and was told next will be encapsulation and then shipped to them for the sticker/COA and then back to me.  So I should see them sometime around Christmas I guess :tumbleweed:

On 7/10/2024 at 10:05 AM, s-man said:

CA just told me my books are in Grading/QC and was told next will be encapsulation and then shipped to them for the sticker/COA and then back to me.  So I should see them sometime around Christmas I guess :tumbleweed:

Was it one of the ones you bought off CA website? Not through CGC? 

On 7/10/2024 at 11:13 AM, Sammyk0130 said:

Was it one of the ones you bought off CA website? Not through CGC? 

I sent both raw books into CA in December for the signing.

On 7/10/2024 at 4:46 PM, s-man said:

I sent both raw books into CA in December for the signing.

You are correct.  Then those books will be shipped back to CA for sticker placement and then shipped back to you.  Add in a third step if you used a facilitator.  

On 7/11/2024 at 7:06 AM, ivdyer said:

You are correct.  Then those books will be shipped back to CA for sticker placement and then shipped back to you.  Add in a third step if you used a facilitator.  

It's just frustrating that there are books from the same signing that have already sold and mine are still in the grading process.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:35 PM, s-man said:

It's just frustrating that there are books from the same signing that have already sold and mine are still in the grading process.

I still have Bill Skarsgard and Nic Cage books I am waiting on. Both signings happened before Jackman so I know I will not see my Jackman books until much later.  I just hope it’s before the end of the year.  

On 7/12/2024 at 7:01 AM, ivdyer said:

I still have Bill Skarsgard and Nic Cage books I am waiting on. Both signings happened before Jackman so I know I will not see my Jackman books until much later.  I just hope it’s before the end of the year.  

This is why I rarely do these things and could never be a doctor...I just have no patients!

One week before the premiere 

Almost three months AFTER the signing...and still no book.

Quality Control needs to revamped.

Edited by A-DONIS

On 7/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, A-DONIS said:

One week before the premiere 

Almost three months AFTER the signing...and still no book.

Quality Control needs to revamped.

I think there is plenty of blame to spread, mainly with CA and Jackman and his people.  CA's deadline for books was in Dec. / Jackman did a signing with a competitor in January / CA then said he will sign in Feb or Mar / In Mar CA said late Mar or early Apr / the books finally got done April 24-25 / CGC is now feeling like the middleman in all this extending how long its taking and they still have to go back to CA for their all might sticker.  

I am really looking forward to the Ryan Reynolds signing! :makepoint:

On 7/15/2024 at 9:31 PM, s-man said:

I think there is plenty of blame to spread, mainly with CA and Jackman and his people.  CA's deadline for books was in Dec. / Jackman did a signing with a competitor in January / CA then said he will sign in Feb or Mar / In Mar CA said late Mar or early Apr / the books finally got done April 24-25 / CGC is now feeling like the middleman in all this extending how long its taking and they still have to go back to CA for their all might sticker.  

I am really looking forward to the Ryan Reynolds signing! :makepoint:

But it's amazing how dealers got their books right away...

So what was the deal with CBCS’s event I don’t remember them promoting a signing with Hugh? Was it like for exclusive members/dealers or something?

On 7/16/2024 at 8:50 AM, A-DONIS said:

But it's amazing how dealers got their books right away...

That’s what makes me mad. I have talked to one of them through eBay, they sent the books in way after me too. Yet CGC says first come first serve. My a$$$$$

On 7/16/2024 at 2:01 PM, Sammyk0130 said:

That’s what makes me mad. I have talked to one of them through eBay, they sent the books in way after me too. Yet CGC says first come first serve. My a$$$$$

This has always been the case. I remember first realizing it when submitting books at the same show and seeing the graded books for sale here way before I was close to getting mine, even with fast track. I was still happy when I got my books though.

Congrats to all on the killer Jackman books!

On 7/10/2024 at 10:05 AM, s-man said:

CA just told me my books are in Grading/QC and was told next will be encapsulation

Just chatted with CA, my book (and I presume others) is currently / still in GEI - I was told a few weeks back that shipment was imminent, but looks like CA is also at the mercy of CGC...