• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newsstand Resubmission
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a book that I got a custom label on.  I want to send it back in for a Private Signing Event (I have done this before), but because the book is a Newsstand it automatically lists it as a Pedigree (Newsstand).  This Pedigree wont let me choose a custom label.  I really just want to keep the custom label I already have.  Is there a way for me to keep by label AND resubmit my book?

• Administrator

Hello @Vexxation, thank you for contacting CGC. Do you mind kindly sending us a photo of the issue you're having with the submission form? If the book is not already listed as a pedigree in the system (which it shouldn't be, even though it's newwstand), I don't believe it should be popping up as a pedigree when you put in the book's certificate. If the book was deemed a pedigree previously, it will need to have a pedigree label, unfortunately. Thank you in advance for the screenshots!

• Administrator

@Calmics Thank you for your question! On our submission form, Newsstand and Pedigrees are listed in the same fashion now. If a customer would like to resubmit a newsstand, this will auto-populate in the pedigree field. These are not treated the same as pedigree books in their labeling however (Gold Pedigree Label VS Blue Universal Label). Newsstand issues will still receive the regular Universal label, but will be notated as newsstand editions. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

@KaileeS CS As you can see from the below screenshot, when I try and resubmit this book it wont let me choose a custom label because the books is marked as having a pedigree.  This book currently has a Secret Wars custom label, and I would like to keep that label, but also take advantage of the private signing event that is available.

image.thumb.png.18a62243f637011b9dda07e9661f4b36.png

• Administrator

Hello @Vexxation

Please complete the submission form as is. Once it has been completed please write on the submission form LARGE "Use Label 0185/0186 - MMA CB". This will let alert our team of this change needing to be made on the packing slip. If you have any other questions, please let us know.