• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper, this or that
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I have a opportunity to purchase one of the 2 graded comics below. Both at about $225. Both have been on my want list for several years. My question is which is a better buy now vs buying the other in 6 months? Is .2 grade difference make one a better option?

Both were graded in Oct of '22. One seems to be trending up, the other down.

Thanks in advance for your information

Teen Titans #2 graded 9.4 (direct edition)

Thor #337 graded 9.6 (newsstand barcode)

pkvxhrq.jpeg.jpg

pkyvisu.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Ducky13

I thought about mentioning Thor movies and awaiting until after, but it's a conundrum. I'm not grading them, but the Thor I'd almost rather buy already graded with that white spine. I'm leaning more towards the DC, but idk, it's anyone's guess :)

On 1/20/2023 at 6:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought about mentioning Thor movies and awaiting until after, but it's a conundrum. I'm not grading them, but the Thor I'd almost rather buy already graded with that white spine. I'm leaning more towards the DC, but idk, it's anyone's guess :)

I think they are both already graded.

I love the Teen Titans, but I'd probably still take the Thor. I bought a Thor 337 9.2 newsstand for $150 in Oct. 2020, which seemed like a great deal at the time (but about right or probably a touch high now). But I just love that cover so much, and I think it has the long term potential to hold its value or increase, especially as a Marvel and an iconic cover. I don't think it'll ever go crazy in price, but I think for $225 for a 9.6 you should be fine, especially if you like the look of it. At the end of the day, all this stuff we buy could be worthless someday anyway, so buy what you like.

Edited to add: I also paid $475 for a 9.0 Newsstand DC Comics Presents 47 at the height of the comic boom, so maybe I'm not the best one to get advice from... :facepalm:lol

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Also, I don't know how much this matters to you, but you may want to consider some other things, like wrap (is the cover centered nicely on one vs the other?) and page quality (are both White pages, or is one an OW/W or worse?).

Both look great in the slab. Both have white pages. While I don't think either will go down, do you think 1 will go up more than the other in 6 months ans end up costing ,e more I  The long run.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:56 PM, Ducky13 said:

Both look great in the slab. Both have white pages. While I don't think either will go down, do you think 1 will go up more than the other in 6 months ans end up costing ,e more I  The long run.

Well, if I knew that, I wouldn't have bought that DC Comics Presents 47... lol I personally still think the Thor is the better option, just my opinion.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/20/2023 at 9:56 PM, Ducky13 said:

I want to say the Thor is going to be more variable, as in more prone to spikes and dips.  The NTT is going to be a bit more even.  So, I would say I think the chances of the Thor moving one way or the other are higher.  But it's a crapshoot guessing which way it moves.  Probably will stay where it is or maybe down a little, given we just had a Thor movie and it's less likely Thor or Thor characters get hyped in the next 6 months.  

On 1/22/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ducky13 said:

Thanks for the opinions and comments to this post.

I will be getting the Thor 337, cgc 9.6

I will post a pic when I have it in hand.

Good choice.Beta Ray Bill has yet to shine in the MCU and he is a pretty popular character.