• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cards moving inside CGC Slabs
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I’ve recently discovered that several cards that I’ve had graded by CGC move around in their slabs if they are tilted or moved in a certain way. 

This isn’t the case for all of them: some move a lot, some a little less, and some not at all, however it makes me worry about potential damage that can happen to the cards over time. 

Is this supposed to happen, or was this from the cards not being encapsulated properly? 

Thank you!

Thank you @KaileeS CS

Yes, I have a couple cards that move simply by turning the slabs upside down. You can hear them tapping the top/bottom of the slab when this happens. I would say that they are loose, they can basically move freely by lightly shaking the slab. Does this damage the card? because it seems relatively common from what I’ve heard. And will reholdering fix this issue? Thanks

• Administrator
On 1/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, grababeh said:

Thank you @KaileeS CS

Yes, I have a couple cards that move simply by turning the slabs upside down. You can hear them tapping the top/bottom of the slab when this happens. I would say that they are loose, they can basically move freely by lightly shaking the slab. Does this damage the card? because it seems relatively common from what I’ve heard. And will reholdering fix this issue? Thanks

That is completely normal and the cards will be perfectly fine. Reholdering will not change the size of the holder. 

Paul