• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Stan Lee autograph??
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Just curious on yalls opinion. It was a buy off eBay when I first started and was naive. Paid around 250? Later learned of how many fakes there are. Seller has tons of reviews but idk… won’t hurt my feelings if y’all think it’s fake haha. I’m just curious

A65D7FD4-956D-4E81-8D07-38860E1C2E60.png

E1E2B914-5B6C-45F4-84D8-DC550F6F782A.png

668B4329-ACC6-4C7D-A908-6EE1927010A3.jpeg

There’s literally thousands of Cgc SS Stan Lee on eBay to compare too

most people here are not skilled authentication experts, as you likely are not.  I suggest you take the time to do your own comparison, it will mean just as much as anyone else’s opinion.

On 1/22/2023 at 2:18 AM, JoeBrrr said:

There are companies that will authenticate signatures - whom I trust coming from the sports collectible world. Generally you can figure out the reputable ones - I don’t want to promote competitors to CGC. 

To add, these companies also offer services to look at sigs on online auctions or sites for a small fee before you decide to bid on or buy something.

autographs = martial arts

By this i mean youre never fully learned and it will not come easy unless youre willing to invest serious time studying autographs for yrs....ive been doing this 25 yrs now. No sticker will proof that what you have is real. The underbelly of this hobby is truly frightening. I spend hrs studying the sig before I buy on ebay.  . 

Edited by postersandstuff

Its hard.... stan lee's sig gets more generic looking the older he got.

20221212_094739.thumb.jpg.c5d047871d6c7d0d24b512693977e05a.jpg

The above pic is a cgc witnessed one, but his sig is tough to read. So i suppose it will depend on the date signed and whether he was in a hurry or not.

Good luck

In 2006 I took Stan some books from the late 20s' he'd always cited in interviews (Jerry Todd & Poppy Ott) and he was delighted and took the time to give me a special personalized kind of autograph, special I guess in the sense that Stan drew a word balloon around his name. A year or two ago I thought of selling it when I was getting rid of a lot of excess stuff but it would only work if I sold it to someone named William.. or Will.. or Bill.. or Billy.. or Liam.. or Willis.. or Guillermo... Anyway, I just put it with some other prints and such I'd gotten at early NYCCs. But something made me remember it last week so I wanted to dig up pics I'd had and did so thought to share them here. 

Of course Stan signed so much stuff ranging from Silver Age comics he'd worked on to modern mutant titles he absolutely did not; this started in the 90s' as I remember being in Middle School and seeing Stan as a guest on QVC or Home Shopping Network, it's evident the most value his signature is gonna have is on key and vintage stuff but mostly it's going to be sentimental value for whomever got their signature(s) in person.

62- Giving Stan The Books.jpg

83- Young Stan.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 8:44 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

In 2006 I took Stan some books from the late 20s' he'd always cited in interviews (Jerry Todd & Poppy Ott) and he was delighted and took the time to give me a special personalized kind of autograph, special I guess in the sense that Stan drew a word balloon around his name. A year or two ago I thought of selling it when I was getting rid of a lot of excess stuff but it would only work if I sold it to someone named William.. or Will.. or Bill.. or Billy.. or Liam.. or Willis.. or Guillermo... Anyway, I just put it with some other prints and such I'd gotten at early NYCCs. But something made me remember it last week so I wanted to dig up pics I'd had and did so thought to share them here. 

Of course Stan signed so much stuff ranging from Silver Age comics he'd worked on to modern mutant titles he absolutely did not; this started in the 90s' as I remember being in Middle School and seeing Stan as a guest on QVC or Home Shopping Network, it's evident the most value his signature is gonna have is on key and vintage stuff but mostly it's going to be sentimental value for whomever got their signature(s) in person.

62- Giving Stan The Books.jpg

83- Young Stan.jpg

That's a very nice example...  

On 1/23/2023 at 8:52 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Wasn't there a big controversy with Franks and Sons taking submissions for a Stan Lee private signing and it ended up that all of the signatures were fake and they came back with COAs and stickers?

i think ive heard of such a co having conned people , mightve read it on autograph live forum ?