• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' SUPERMAN written & directed by James Gunn (2025)
4 4

320 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2024 at 6:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

The Black Panther photo was not a studio drop to encourage fan excitement. That is a set photo someone took on the sidelines.

James Gunn and even the official DC Studios account were the ones that dropped that first photo (and now these follow-on photos) to encourage scrutiny and excitement. Realize the difference in these scenarios you are fixating on.

Who cares who released it, it's still an incomplete in-process behind the scenes photo like BP was...so nitpicking over things like fabric folds that we well know are part of the filmmaking process seems rather silly to me at this point. 

On 6/25/2024 at 8:36 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Who cares who released it, it's still an incomplete in-process behind the scenes photo like BP was...so nitpicking over things like fabric folds that we well know are part of the filmmaking process seems rather silly to me at this point. 

If you say so. Time will tell.

On 6/25/2024 at 8:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

If you say so. Time will tell.

Father Time better be kind! Of course judgement on the final look is what will matter most, and who knows, they certainly have time to do many questionable changes and mess it up :D (like what if they go and remove all the nice saturation later on in post), I'm simply going by the countless examples up to this point that show this is common practice during production. 

Last obvious example I can recall was this suit and the BTS.
Screenshot2024-06-25at10_10_25PM.thumb.png.ba32f71d3c8a840b99f82c32b3937d9b.png

The suit does not look like it fits?  And also maybe like it has muscles sewn into it?  

Like, I'm sure they will tidy it up in post production if it looks bad, but I'm wondering how much "touching up" they are going to have to be doing here.  

On 6/26/2024 at 10:36 AM, Axelrod said:

The suit does not look like it fits?  And also maybe like it has muscles sewn into it?  

Like, I'm sure they will tidy it up in post production if it looks bad, but I'm wondering how much "touching up" they are going to have to be doing here.  

Touching up is expected (like my example above, they had to do this on every shot in the Winter Soldier series to correct and finalize much of the Falcon) but how much and exactly what they are planning is just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if there are muscles inside the suit, that was also done for the prior suit which is all par for the course for such costumes (the fabrics are different across these suits, but when it comes to tight spandex that often flattens out natural muscle tone so adding a solid sculpt under it helps keep definition visible on camera - however it wasn't worn in most of the shots - AFAIK - and was predominantly used to help correctly make the suit to fit him perfectly)

GQ2vehUXAAAoPvX.png.2ff6ac53129e63409641e82f8e98f513.png

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 6/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Touching up is expected (like my example above, they had to do this on every shot in the Winter Soldier series to correct and finalize much of the Falcon) but how much and exactly what they are planning is just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if there are muscles inside the suit, that was also done for the prior suit which is all par for the course for such costumes (the fabrics are different across these suits, but when it comes to tight spandex that often flattens out natural muscle tone so adding a solid sculpt under it helps keep definition visible on camera - however it wasn't worn in most of the shots - AFAIK - and was predominantly used to help correctly make the suit to fit him perfectly)

First Look: Henry Cavill as Superman in Man of Steel

Image may contain Human Person Clothing and Apparel

On 6/27/2024 at 3:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

:insane:

Big difference between 'first reveal' photos. And that was in 2011 versus 2024.

:jokealert:

and? Two totally different productions, creatives, costumes, etc. Interesting how drab the color pallet came off in this shot whereas in the film it registered as more saturated. 

Seems like I'm not the only one "fixating" on this, eh? :D 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 6/27/2024 at 6:29 AM, Sauce Dog said:

:jokealert:

and? Two totally different productions, creatives, costumes, etc. Interesting how drab the color pallet came off in this shot whereas in the film it registered as more saturated. 

Seems like I'm not the only one "fixating" on this, eh? :D 

Again, if you say so. :cheers:

On 6/26/2024 at 11:05 AM, Sauce Dog said:

This looks like a full-sized Peter Dinklage. I can't unsee it.