• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting a CBCS graded book
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello - 

I'm preparing a submission, and one of the books is CBCS graded, which I would like CGC to grade. I remember you used to have a discount for CBCS graded books, and while I know that is no longer the case, I was wondering if you will still crack them out of the slab. I'd prefer not to do it myself; it always makes me nervous, but this book is a 9.8 (according to CBCS, I know you will re-grade it) so I'm extra hesitant to try removing it without damage.

• Administrator

Hello @BreaKBeatZ, thank you for contacting CGC. Yes, you may submit the book in its CBCS holder and we will crack it open upon arrival. As you mentioned, we will re-grade it as "raw". Kindly keep in mind that submissions that have books needing to be cracked out *may* take an extra day or two to show up in the system. Please let us know if you need anything else!

I was wondering if someone sent a signed CBCS graded comic, would CGC regrade the book with a green label or a yellow label? I understand that the grade could decrease whether or not the signed book was CBCS or CGC. Thanks.