• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about recent submission

4 posts in this topic

(Tried this post before, next to it there is a triangle with and exclamation mark inside of it, idk if that's some sort of indication it didn't go through or what the case may be?)

Hello. I recently sent out, and received, a 25 book submission. When going through em it dawned on me that my copy of Micronauts #1, that came back a universal blue 8.5, was double signed on the 1st page. By Dave Cockrum and Al Milgrom. Not only wasn't it given a qualified, there was no mention of the signatures (obviously unverified) on either the header or in the graders notes.. how is this possible? Are the books not even opened during the process? I could understand missing one, but not 2 fairly large signatures in black ink on a blank space of the page? Wasn't 100% positive it was the issue I was thinking of so I cracked it and sure enough the sigs were there.. Needless to say had intended on CBCSing it anyway, just wondering how it slipped through the cracks?

• Administrator

Hello @Nick Berntson, thank you for contacting CGC. This should have been notated if the signatures are on the cover or the first page. If the signatures are on any other page, we do not notate them. With that said, it sounds like these signatures may have been missed during grading. Typically the graders do look through the pages to verify your book. but it's possible that the signatures were missed or there may have been a potential software error on our side that removed the signatures notation. We're very sorry for this notation being missed though! Should you decide to send it back to us, please let us know via email and we'll be happy to send you instructions on how to send the book in for "Mechanical Error". Thank you!

On 2/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Nick Berntson, thank you for contacting CGC. This should have been notated if the signatures are on the cover or the first page. If the signatures are on any other page, we do not notate them. With that said, it sounds like these signatures may have been missed during grading. Typically the graders do look through the pages to verify your book. but it's possible that the signatures were missed or there may have been a potential software error on our side that removed the signatures notation. We're very sorry for this notation being missed though! Should you decide to send it back to us, please let us know via email and we'll be happy to send you instructions on how to send the book in for "Mechanical Error". Thank you!

Both of the signatures were on the 1st page near the CC info like most interior signed books. 

I understand non-witnessed books don't get verified. However I would have at least settled w non-verified signatures at least if they were noted either on header, albeit qualified, or the notes. However since they weren't I've now cracked the book, and will be sending it to CBCS to get the sigs authenticated by them. Is there any way to get credit for this book for the error? Took pics of the whole cracking process n aftermath if I need to send as proof..