• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the forum crash?
3 3

50 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2023 at 9:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This blackout was different than any I had seen before. It was just a dead page.  No errors of note. After an hour or so, I just accepted the idea that the forums have been removed & are gone.   

It was a delicious taste of freedom :cloud9:

Go outside tomorrow, Beyonder, and play with Fake. 

Thankfully, it was just a crash. White screen on my phone.

I was more concerned that I'd been blocked and given a short holiday for prompting another boardie to post this classic cover version, over in the Water Cooler...

Edited by Ken Aldred

My short term memory is so bad that every hour I’d think “wonder what’s happening on the boards” and I would try to log in to get an error.  Rinse and repeat every hour for 5 hours.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:44 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. It's right up there with trying to balance a thimble on a cat's head.

Ahem…that’s a highlighter, thankyouverymuch. 

On 2/8/2023 at 4:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This blackout was different than any I had seen before. It was just a dead page.  No errors of note. After an hour or so, I just accepted the idea that the forums have been removed & are gone.   

It was a delicious taste of freedom :cloud9:

Apparently Fox, Twitter and Facebook also had glitches today. Not sure if any other sites did. 

Might be something bigger than just CGC happening. 

At this point anytime something huge happens with social media I just assume that Big Brother is doing something to the Matrix. 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:09 PM, VintageComics said:

Apparently Fox, Twitter and Facebook also had glitches today. Not sure if any other sites did. 

Might be something bigger than just CGC happening. 

At this point anytime something huge happens with social media I just assume that Big Brother is doing something to the Matrix. 

439D74D6-1851-4095-8895-0493428BF5F9.gif.ea3da5580a0936d1f60f00d7a500d780.gif

• Administrator
On 2/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I love the way Dena in the background jumps up, then sits back down again and carries on working. "Oh, it's just CGC Mike trying to post the grading contest results again....." 

Nope.  I was ruining the spreadsheet for the grading contest. (for reals) I hope CGC can fix it for tomorrow.  

On 2/8/2023 at 1:38 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 2/8/2023 at 1:36 PM, F For Fake said:

The amount of times I found myself returning to refresh the page throughout the day speaks to an addiction I'm not really prepared to confront.

Five and a half hours pressing the refresh button is no way to live, Fake. Go outside tomorrow. 

I couldn't press the button - the shakes were too bad. :eek:

On 2/9/2023 at 2:51 AM, CGC Mike said:

Nope.  I was ruining the spreadsheet for the grading contest. (for reals) I hope CGC can fix it for tomorrow.  

These things happen Mike, and there are few things in life less forgiving than a buggered up spreadsheet. We've all done it. If you right click and save copies of the master, you can bugger up as many as you like.

By the way, did you unplug the forum by mistake while you were at it? The plug on the left is the fan heater. 

On 2/9/2023 at 5:39 AM, Artifiction said:

I thought I had posted one too many Eerie Pubs. magazines in my Gallery. I guess I'm safe for the time being.

Mike plugged the forum back in for your birthday :)

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang:

:headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

:headbang::banana::headbang:

:yeehaw:

Capture.PNG.7b42521f6b75c2e54b12e3da16c7adb8.PNG

clangers.gif.4c25d9cbe159e0eb9a6b523a93ed59c9.gif

On 2/9/2023 at 12:38 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Maybe it was that update we were all told had to be postponed back in December?

Could be, Cap. If it was me, I'd let the members know what happened, as many of us come here daily and take an interest if the site is offline for any length of time. Still, what's five and a half hours when you're trying to run sales threads, answer PMs, compose journal entries and post your grading contest guesses? Not a big deal in the scheme of things, is it.