• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pizza misdelivery!
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 12:34 AM, Tatterdamillion said:

You know when you get take out or pizza delivery and you are effin pumped because in the next few minutes you know you will be imbibing that ambrosia of the gods., cheese and grease, bread and sauce.  But lo!, even as you pull the box open, you sense the wrongness of everything,...blech ,pineapple and ham or whatever your (non)Italian bane may be.  This isn't what I ordered! I know, ...total bullcarp. And now what? You have to drive back forty blocks or wait another forty minutes for that damnable tongue treasure. It feels bad, real bad. You could be eating pizza right now, but instead you are on the phone with some teenager, having to ask to talk to a manager, you might even have to raise your voice.  At best you are getting that pizza forty minutes later. But I ask, is this fair? What if they charge a delivery fee? Do they refund that? Is this bellyachin',? You bet! Is this righteous anger? Likely!  I just wanted some pizza goldarnit, but now it has become a thing. And to boot, there is probably spit in my food now, if I did in fact raise my voice. (which I may have) I myself like saliva even less than pineapple & ham as a topping(its not even on the menu). 

In this example, the pizza company made a mistake, I got the pizza eventually because the pizza co. answered their elfin telephone... but WHAT IF?

You take the above example, but in lieu of pizza it is a comic book and instead of pizza company it is a reputable comic auction house. And instead of one receiving the wrong pizza, the right pizza is delivered the next city over. And what if you called(emailed) said pizza company three times asking the whereabouts of your deliciousness, but no teenager answered the phone (three email)s.  And let us say you figure out where the pizza arrived and it has been days since you emailed yet you still have no response. So you take it upon yourself to find that pizza, costing time, money etc etc.  Does that pizza not taste like dust in ones mouth, a dry desolate reward for all that work. Boooo!

So now you have the pizza, but it is a hollow victory, a bland, cold, lifeless slab of yeasty flacid bread with catsup and velveeta (or that is what it seems). But then! A beacon in the night! A week later the pizza company calls(emails) you and says they are fixing the situation, (this is the first time they have reached out). They have sent their delivery driver to where they delivered the pizza to bring it back to their restaurant so they can reheat it and bring it to you (weeks late). They tell you and send you the tracking number!

So what in the hell is it that this pizza company now has in route back to their restaurant?

Should I still have to pay for shipping? Considering I did a fair amount of the work myself?

Also, does Fed Ex just leave packages at the bottom of staircases of two resident flats without so much as ringing or knocking? Twelve steps down. No actual harm (as it wasn't stolen), but that is some B.S. 

I don't want to name names and would prefer not to tell you where you should or shouldn't get your pizza so I will say that AtomicProtect is a leading provider of premium Cold-War era bunkers to protect you and your family from the many dangers of radiation and fallout in the instance of thermonuclear attack. Remember AtomicProtect is the only bunker with a full five feet of lead to shield you and your kin from radiation sickness and those gamma-rauders that happen to survive in the wastelands post WWIII. AtomicProtect, a name you can trust. Feel free to email them anytime to get a quote at atomicprotect.com. Please allow 5-7 days for a response as they are severely backlogged.

This post was absolutely wild from start to finish.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tatterdamillion said:

You know when you get take out or pizza delivery and you are effin pumped because in the next few minutes you know you will be imbibing that ambrosia of the gods., cheese and grease, bread and sauce.  But lo!, even as you pull the box open, you sense the wrongness of everything,...blech ,pineapple and ham or whatever your (non)Italian bane may be.  This isn't what I ordered! I know, ...total bullcarp. And now what? You have to drive back forty blocks or wait another forty minutes for that damnable tongue treasure. It feels bad, real bad. You could be eating pizza right now, but instead you are on the phone with some teenager, having to ask to talk to a manager, you might even have to raise your voice.  At best you are getting that pizza forty minutes later. But I ask, is this fair? What if they charge a delivery fee? Do they refund that? Is this bellyachin',? You bet! Is this righteous anger? Likely!  I just wanted some pizza goldarnit, but now it has become a thing. And to boot, there is probably spit in my food now, if I did in fact raise my voice. (which I may have) I myself like saliva even less than pineapple & ham as a topping(its not even on the menu). 

In this example, the pizza company made a mistake, I got the pizza eventually because the pizza co. answered their elfin telephone... but WHAT IF?

You take the above example, but in lieu of pizza it is a comic book and instead of pizza company it is a reputable comic auction house. And instead of one receiving the wrong pizza, the right pizza is delivered the next city over. And what if you called(emailed) said pizza company three times asking the whereabouts of your deliciousness, but no teenager answered the phone (three email)s.  And let us say you figure out where the pizza arrived and it has been days since you emailed yet you still have no response. So you take it upon yourself to find that pizza, costing time, money etc etc.  Does that pizza not taste like dust in ones mouth, a dry desolate reward for all that work. Boooo!

So now you have the pizza, but it is a hollow victory, a bland, cold, lifeless slab of yeasty flacid bread with catsup and velveeta (or that is what it seems). But then! A beacon in the night! A week later the pizza company calls(emails) you and says they are fixing the situation, (this is the first time they have reached out). They have sent their delivery driver to where they delivered the pizza to bring it back to their restaurant so they can reheat it and bring it to you (weeks late). They tell you and send you the tracking number!

So what in the hell is it that this pizza company now has in route back to their restaurant?

Should I still have to pay for shipping? Considering I did a fair amount of the work myself?

Also, does Fed Ex just leave packages at the bottom of staircases of two resident flats without so much as ringing or knocking? Twelve steps down. No actual harm (as it wasn't stolen), but that is some B.S. 

I don't want to name names and would prefer not to tell you where you should or shouldn't get your pizza so I will say that AtomicProtect is a leading provider of premium Cold-War era bunkers to protect you and your family from the many dangers of radiation and fallout in the instance of thermonuclear attack. Remember AtomicProtect is the only bunker with a full five feet of lead to shield you and your kin from radiation sickness and those gamma-rauders that happen to survive in the wastelands post WWIII. AtomicProtect, a name you can trust. Feel free to email them anytime to get a quote at atomicprotect.com. Please allow 5-7 days for a response as they are severely backlogged.

TLDR

On 2/9/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tatterdamillion said:

, a bland, cold, lifeless slab of yeasty flacid bread with catsup and velveeta (or that is what it seems).

Who says “CATSUP”? Did you send this message via telegram? It’s not 1812 buddy.

Edited by eastriver400

what a nutty thing to write.

Spoiler

Also- complaining about an incorrect order will not result in SPIT in your food as so many seem to think. That type of spoon might happen occasionally at a restaurant when someone is acting like a total arse--- but trust me--- having worked in a Domino's as recently as 2019 (not everyone is a teenage kid- another fallacy)--- no one has the time or need to act like that big of a jagoff.

If they mess up your order-- call them and explain what you are missing or how they need to correct it--- it will be remade typically ASAP and given priority. That has been my experience.

This whole thing about some comic seller and comparing them to a pizza delivery service is totally nonsense. Customer service is an art--- and those who are skilled at handling issues typically get their situations resolved more often than not.