• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KingOfRulers' 10,000th Post Celebration, Gala, Ceremony, Extravaganza Fest - Hosted by KingOfRulers!
1 1

49 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, TupennyConan said:

Back of house, Tampa Bay Comic Con, August 2016.

KOR [concluding a roughly 3 minute, nearly nose to nose, lecture]: Carrie, stop doing so much coke & get back to work or we are done!

Carrie Fisher: Ya'know something? You're the most persnickety mfer I've ever met!

She went back to work.

Too bad nobody was recording that scene. That would've been better than any photo-op.

On 2/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, KingOfRulers said:

Too bad nobody was recording that scene. That would've been better than any photo-op.

It was something else. You won a seat in the pantheon that day.

The only witnesses were me & her dog. That damn dog. 

Everyone wanted a piece of CF. What a bloody orgy. Folks pulled down their pants & begged for the chance to displace their pants-wearing neighbors. Quite something. Oh the humanity!   

On 2/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I should hit 50k the same time I hit 20 years.  I’m hoping to trade that all in for a CGC plaque & retire :cloud9:

they stopped giving those out. You'll be given your own forum or credit for pressing services

Great pics!

I remember meeting Stephen for the first time way back at a Heroes Con.  Probably 2007 (same time I met Tup).  He had some books with him.  Can't remember if he was selling them or if he had just picked them up.  I said, whattya got?   He proceeds to pull out a Tec 29.  I was floored.  Here's this young kid (I was "young" then too!) and he collects Pre-Robin Tec's.  (worship)

On 2/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, chrisco37 said:

Great pics!

I remember meeting Stephen for the first time way back at a Heroes Con.  Probably 2007 (same time I met Tup).  He had some books with him.  Can't remember if he was selling them or if he had just picked them up.  I said, whattya got?   He proceeds to pull out a Tec 29.  I was floored.  Here's this young kid (I was "young" then too!) and he collects Pre-Robin Tec's.  (worship)

Thanks for the kind words. :smile: That was a fun show. It was great hanging out at the show. I love Heroes Con. We have to meet up again. Do you still attend Heroes?

Ah, that Detective #29 was lovely. That's one of the few books that I miss.

Edited by KingOfRulers