• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America 1, 1941 Timely Incomplete
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Can you estimate how much of the book is missing? How many of the interior pages? What do you have, just the Captain America story?

Personally I would put the entire book together, no matter how incomplete.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, grendelbo said:

Can you estimate how much of the book is missing? How many of the interior pages? What do you have, just the Captain America story?

Personally I would put the entire book together, no matter how incomplete.

Most of the book is MIA.  I have four individual leafs, and the cover.   No staples. Not brittle, but the paper is yellowed from time/storage neglect.   They are pretty nice aside from the paper color tint.  

C32E6A7D-9ABA-40FE-AF66-EB2C1A32D3B7.jpeg

BAF82E6F-D753-4B79-BCBF-F95980F41A2E.jpeg

39DCCE8D-65AF-4536-89A3-6CB245B33C25.jpeg

On 2/10/2023 at 5:16 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

Most of the book is MIA.  I have four individual leafs, and the cover.   No staples. Not brittle, but the paper is yellowed from time/storage neglect.   They are pretty nice aside from the paper color tint.  

C32E6A7D-9ABA-40FE-AF66-EB2C1A32D3B7.jpeg

BAF82E6F-D753-4B79-BCBF-F95980F41A2E.jpeg

39DCCE8D-65AF-4536-89A3-6CB245B33C25.jpeg

Well it seems like you have the most important wraps!

Put what you have together and I think it would be a NG.

I'd keep this together unless the goal is to display different pieces in different holders. CGC's official position in their book is that anything missing >1/3 of the cover or >1/2 of an interior page is incomplete by default & receives a NG. I believe there used to be an INC grade, but that was discontinued.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, JollyComics said:

If you decided to separate, grade and sell them individually, all of them will be gone everywhere.   All of them will NEVER be reunited.

No matter how many pages are missing.  It's better to have them together as the original incomplete book.

Yeah, that’s where my heart is leaning too.  Thanks for saying that.  I need solid advice that respects the book for future collectors.