• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Submission Question?!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

So I have 2 magazine submissions currently at CGC. 1 has 15 copies if Raphael #1 1985 Micro Series, the other has 14 copies of same book.

On the 15 book submission I sent it in as Standard, and paid the roughly $50 extra per book to ensure it have that fast TAT than the 250ish quoted days. Both have been stuck in scheduled for grading, until today, when I noticed the regular magazine tier was in the grading/encapsulation process but the Standard Submission. Which I paid $750 more to send because it's supposed to be the faster option has no movement!! Can someone please explain this to me?!Screenshot_20230214-095455_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb1d16ab296110e5567173e9901ecbb3.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Nick Berntson,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry for the delay and confusion this has caused. Unfortunately, all magazine submissions are currently on hold in-house. You can read more about this ongoing situation HERE. Once we can begin encapsulating these again, your orders will continue through the system. Our team is working on grading a few of these submissions to be sure the backlog doesn't become more than we can handle in the grading room. Rest assured, your Standard submission will be completed through the system before your Modern. We have a backlog of Modern Magazine submissions leading back to early 2022 all of which are waiting to be encapsulated. Because of the large backlog this has caused, you may not see a change in your submission status until much later after we have begun encapsulating these books once again.. Thank you for being so patient. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 2/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, CrystalM CS said:

Hello, the Magazine parts are in, and we will begin the production on the Magazine submission as soon as possible. You should see these start to move forward shortly. 

As in the parts to make the slabs are in, or the slabs themselves?

• Administrator

Hello Nick,

The slab parts are in. A slab consists of 5 different pieces ( two outer hard case parts, two inner soft case parts, and the label). These are put together during the encapsulation process to seal each book inside. They can not be put together until the book has arrived at encapsulation. Think of a Russian Nesting Doll. So to answer your question... Both :). Sorry for any confusion this caused! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 2/20/2023 at 7:25 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello Nick,

The slab parts are in. A slab consists of 5 different pieces ( two outer hard case parts, two inner soft case parts, and the label). These are put together during the encapsulation process to seal each book inside. They can not be put together until the book has arrived at encapsulation. Think of a Russian Nesting Doll. So to answer your question... Both :). Sorry for any confusion this caused! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Does that mean grading has resumed on magazines??