• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...an Alex Ross signing
3 3

97 posts in this topic

Same - mine just went from 'Received at CCS' to 'Scheduled for Grading' after sitting for 3 months  - presumably that includes the pressing? I the submission has pressing listed, but one of my resubmitted books was shipped today after being pressed in virtually the same condition as I submitted it, so tbh I'm not convinced 'CCS Pressing' is doing very much if anything at all.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, dbcn said:

Same - mine just went from 'Received at CCS' to 'Scheduled for Grading' after sitting for 3 months  - presumably that includes the pressing? I the submission has pressing listed, but one of my resubmitted books was shipped today after being pressed in virtually the same condition as I submitted it, so tbh I'm not convinced 'CCS Pressing' is doing very much if anything at all.

The three months wasn't how long it took to press for the signing, which the signing only happened early June. But after the signing if pressing was chosen it takes up to 8 weeks to get it back. :), which starts after the signing.

6 weeks if only grading. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The three months wasn't how long it took to press for the signing, which the signing only happened early June. But after the signing if pressing was chosen it takes up to 8 weeks to get it back. :), which starts after the signing.

6 weeks if only grading. 

I just mention as sometimes we send months in advance only for the signings to then happen, usually wraps up fairly quickly after that, but I have yet to have a grade bump due to ccs, I'm just thankful most of the time that the grade stayed the same 😂

On 6/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, dbcn said:

Well it honestly depends on what your book has in the way of issues.

It handles spine roll and some creasing / folding issues.. but people want it to handle spine breaks... and that is hit or miss

But it doesnt fix all things. Its not miracle restore to a book. Pressing doesnt fix color break as an example

On 6/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, ShaggyB said:

But it doesnt fix all things. Its not miracle restore to a book. Pressing doesnt fix color break as an example

Yeah, I get that anything color breaking is not going to be resolved by any presser, but 'light creasing' ? that seems like something you'd send a book in for pressing and expect it to get resolved...

On 6/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, dbcn said:

Yeah, I get that anything color breaking is not going to be resolved by any presser, but 'light creasing' ? that seems like something you'd send a book in for pressing and expect it to get resolved...

I would agree. Do you have before shots and then after to compare. 

I often wonder if they do pressing sometimes

as posted in the progress thread

really happy with how this looks, sure would have liked the extra .2 but didn’t expect it

also in hindsight probably should have asked for the sig in orange, that would have probably popped

funny how someone who can make such amazing art has such an ordinary sig

image.jpeg.331049ea01652a7b14016952c26ab4a8.jpeg

On 6/30/2023 at 5:49 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

as posted in the progress thread

really happy with how this looks, sure would have liked the extra .2 but didn’t expect it

also in hindsight probably should have asked for the sig in orange, that would have probably popped

funny how someone who can make such amazing art has such an ordinary sig

image.jpeg.331049ea01652a7b14016952c26ab4a8.jpeg

This is the acetate cover, right? I was curious on this, is the sig on the acetate or on the paper cover?

Nice book, I want to have the entire CGC SS set someday :)