• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YouTuber kicked out of 2 Comic Shops, Leaves Negative Reviews
1 1

165 posts in this topic

I woke up to my pal sending me this link. I've long been outspoken about my distaste for the YouTube spec bro community but I was genuinely bothered by this. Essentially, guy tries to sell stuff to stores, is rejected, tried to sell to a customer within the shop, gets asked to leave and then leaves a negative review and giggles about it. As if stores don't have enough to worry about. Thoughts?

On 2/15/2023 at 7:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Who is this muppet?    

I don't know, only that he's indescribably handsome.

No, in all seriousness I've only seen this video- he's got a lot of subscribers so perhaps I'm too hasty to judge off of one video, but I'm fairly positive I've seen enough to know his work is not for me.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, Lazyboy said:

I don't know, I just hope his camera doesn't break when he gets his inevitable beating. I want to see that footage!

Nothing I enjoy more than the inevitable beatings these kind of muppets take when they mess with the wrong people in their quest for content.  

Do I like comic content folks on YouTube? Generally no. There are Only a few I watch and personally I don’t get any joy watching people shop or try to find cool stuff so the ones I do follow are unboxing their own stuff or offering up pressing/grading/cleaning tips and tricks. 

As for this person, I think both the owners he upset could have handled it better. The second one it sounds like he was more in the “right” than the first. I can understand you not wanting business to happen in your store especially if you feel someone is only there to try and sell stuff to others. 

On 2/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, bronze_rules said:

My thought if the dealer is a good one, his positive reviews should overwhelm the bad one. And that dealer is showing snark in his answer. Sounds more like the rude type of dealer to me.   BTW, I'm not defending the camera kid either, that seems to be typical of this generation. I think a really good dealer shouldn't really dramatically react. Just like kids who try to push around police with their cameras. A better cop just ignores them and lets them blather, IMO.

Unfortunately, only a very small number of those who have a good experience will leave a positive review, although it's hard for me to conceive of being influenced by them positive or negative.  The Vlogger is in the wrong here, big time.  I regret to say it, but in this day and age disrespecting someone can lead to very bad consequences. 

I think the YouTuber may be one of these entitled people out there that think because they have a camera and a YouTube channel they can go out,  and film and do what they want without a care on how it'll affect the people they're recording as long as they can use those people for content in their videos.  I've never gotten kicked out from a comic books store but to get kicked out from two stores within an hour for the same reason was his own fault.  He knew why he got kicked out from the first store and did it again at the second store. 

I've dealt with a couple YouTube and social media people in the past and one of the things they love to do is to try to intimidate people so that they can get what they want.  Maybe these store owners knew what was up, a guy walking in with a camera strapped onto him is pretty obvious what he's doing, and just decided to end his stupid games once he showed he wasn't going to respect their business. 

I have several problems with this video. I don't like if some stranger is filming me which StickyGoose is doing. I have seen couple of his videos and I believe he reads comics and has some money (like in the video he goes to buy a Trek bike on a whim it seems) and maybe started collecting keys in the past 5-10 years. He probably watched some Comic-Con coverage Youtube videos and thinks like many tubers that it is just okay to film where ever and when ever.

He seems to be accustomed to dealing with dealers in shows. Where they can sell expensive raw or slab keys to people like him. I bet that he bought that Venom Lethal Protector for 20-30$ and sent it to be graded.. 

So the first shop he goes tells something about him. He asks where are yours wall books / better books? :D 

Second store is a comic book store so if they want 500$ for Edge of Spider-Verse 2 people like StickyGoose should have easier way to see the book and its condition. Then writing comments like as soon as I saw this customer I decided to start mess with him.. :|

Third shop was again problem with modern type of collector like StickyGoose where the good stuff is not right in front of him...

Anyway who is StickyGoose to criticize how some stores operates? If they are still in business what they are doing works for them. Also trying to do your own deal inside the store is big NO which baffles me that someone would even try that.