• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YouTuber kicked out of 2 Comic Shops, Leaves Negative Reviews
1 1

165 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2023 at 3:33 AM, thehumantorch said:

The YouTuber is looking for conflict and drama.  This is all about followers and getting attention 

I feel basically the same about anyone who is running a camera in public.

If you were to meet me, you would find me to be an effervescent fountain of charm. But when someone sticks a camera in my face, I instantly get really boring. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, joeypost said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you needed a permit to film in most cities. 

Varies depending on State as well as number of other factors.

https://recordinglaw.com/united-states-recording-laws/

Recording-Map-Full-Size-2021vg-1024x683.jpg

In states like PA for example what the deee-bagggg youtuber did is criminal.

Pennsylvania Pennsylvania recording law stipulates that it is a two-party consent state. In Pennsylvania, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record communications, whether they’re wire, oral or electronic, without the consent of everyone taking part in the conversation. This means that in Pennsylvania you are not legally allowed to record a conversation you are taking part in unless all parties are in agreement. 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 5704 (West 2012).

On 2/16/2023 at 11:34 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This is what happens when you give the socially inept a camera & a soapbox.   

And then they have the temerity to turn around and mock the social awkwardness of the shop owners. 

On 2/15/2023 at 6:38 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

I woke up to my pal sending me this link. I've long been outspoken about my distaste for the YouTube spec bro community but I was genuinely bothered by this. Essentially, guy tries to sell stuff to stores, is rejected, tried to sell to a customer within the shop, gets asked to leave and then leaves a negative review and giggles about it. As if stores don't have enough to worry about. Thoughts?

Saw this yesterday, lol.  I don't like how he goes in insulting the people and shops (in narration, not IRL), then picking on the Christian music being played at one of them, the conditions of the shops, etc.  But in the one case, the shop turned down a seller so he followed them to the parking lot and tried to make a deal...then the shop owner came out chasing him away because it takes away her business.

Business she already turned down.

I dunno...if true, the woman was out of line.  Could have been cooler about it.  But I'm wondering, since the Christian music seemed to bother him, if maybe his telling of the story reflects that.

I just don't tend to trust people who slant their view and start picking on the condition of a store, or that an employee was hard to see behind her desk and all this unrelated stuff...after having a falling out.

Reminds me of when an actor gets political and suddenly a bunch of people are all "his movies suck! He can't act" instead of just addressing the person's views.

Zzz