• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping and foil cover question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

When shipping out my comic for pressing and grading, do I need to buy the shipping kit you guys provide? Or can I just use my own shipping box to mail out my comic?

Also, I have a foil cover comic (Action Comics #1051 by Warren Louw) that has a few dents on the front cover. I chose to have it pressed and then graded, but I saw in another post in the forums that some foils cannot be pressed. The interior of my comic is paper and not foil, so does that make it eligible for pressing to remove the dents? If not, would I be refunded for the pressing and just be charged for grading?

Thank you for your time, 

Michael L.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrator

Hello! We are so excited you decided to submit with us! You do not need to buy our kit to submit and may use your own shipping materials. At this time, we cannot press foil covers. Once received, our team will review the book and if it cannot be pressed, then they will email you to let you know and the fees will be refunded. Or you may cross it off the packing list all together and add it under the appropriate tier. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Is there a particular reason why foil covers cannot be pressed at this time?

what would be the appropriate tier if I were to cross it off the list? (This part I’m a bit confused on)
I also read in the forums that after the comic has been pressed and/or graded, there are additional fees charged to my card. Is this the $5 online handling fee from CGC?

• Administrator

There is a $5 handling fee per submission form that is stated online. The Grading tiers that the book would go under would depend on the declared value of the book. If you believe the value to be under $400, then it would be a Modern tier, if over $400 then most likely a Standard tier. You can speak to someone who can help walk you through this as well by calling 877-662-6642 Monday through Friday 8am to 8pm. 

• Administrator

Hello @Darth Yoda,

Unfortunately, not. because we do not allow for change or cancelation requests on submissions once they have been shipped to our office. This would continue through the other requested services after it was denied from CCS. Let us know if you have any other questions!