• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC recognized error?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question about the grading process for a potential error card.
I have a Mewtwo GX Secret shining 78/73. 
The card appears to be near mint except for the back has some white dots from the manufacturer and came that way from the pack. 
I have seen multiples of this card with the same white dots.

the card also has some white circles on the back that I’ve never seen before on other cards (see pictures for  up close view). it almost looks like it has the texture from another card on it.

I was wondering if cards with this error have been sent in before and whether the white dots are considered damage or would be recognized as an error?

i also have the same question about the white rings that look almost like the texture or holofoil from the front of another card or something like that.

any information that you could provide about the grading process and possible error recognition of this card would be greatly appreciated.

45FBAD60-B025-448E-82B8-CF0DBE664259.jpeg

E4E6C632-1CF2-4C85-AD45-ACE1E1B601E3.jpeg

2D5CD7E7-8076-4C0D-82A3-69555CA466B7.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello,

Unfortunately, we can not determine from photos if this would be considered damage or an error. This would need to be submitted through our services with the error check selected as a service to confirm this. As a reminder, you can find examples of all the errors we recognize on our Error Guide HERE. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for your response.

I wanted to ask, if I send this card in and request that it be checked for an error designation when being graded and it is determined that it is not a recognized error, would you guys still grade the card according to your normal grading criteria or would the grader send it back without grading the card and possibly refund the grading fee?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Administrator

Hello @kohn22,

If this was sent in with an error check, we would review it for all possible errors. If none were found, our graders would grade the card as normal and have it returned to you encapsulated. We would not refund the grading or error fee. Let us know if you have any other questions!

If the card doesn’t meet any of the error qualifications, is there a way to have it sent back without having it encapsulated? 
For instance, is there a place on the order form for comments that I could add something to the effect of “if not a recognized error please return ungraded.”?

Thank you for your help.

Edited by kohn22

• Administrator

Hello @kohn22, unfortunately, we do not provide a service where the card would be returned raw if the error was not designated. We would need to go by the services requested on the packing slip, and changes to the order based on designations/grades received would not be permissible at this time. We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.