• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Grade is in...PGM Web of Spiderman #1
2 2

16 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2023 at 8:23 AM, TegrityComics said:

It did better than I thought. Pressing did great work and got a 9.6.

Thanks,

20230221_074027 (3).jpg

When you edited your posts, did you completely change the images? Because the two pictures in this thread are not of the same book.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, TegrityComics said:

I did notice the picture of the back of the book was removed by accident when I did the edit. What do you mean they are not the same book?

I mean you posted pictures of what are clearly two different copies of Web of Spider-Man 1.

2differentcopies.thumb.jpg.f68e2de7ea63ad559d72abba8929b932.jpg

You have an amazing eye. We did send in 2 copies. We thought that I kept the images and packing order correct. CGC may have flipped them on my submission they had been back to back in the submission I made.

The other copy graded as 9.4.

Sorry about the terrible images. Still in the process of getting setup better for imaging

Thanks,

20230221_180242 (2).jpg

On 2/21/2023 at 2:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

I mean you posted pictures of what are clearly two different copies of Web of Spider-Man 1.

2differentcopies.thumb.jpg.f68e2de7ea63ad559d72abba8929b932.jpg

(worship)

Yes, I have 2 copies 9.6 and the 9.4 For some reason I was buying multiples on some books back in the day. (I was a Reader not a Dealer). I also sent in 2 copies of

Batman The Dark Knight Returns #4 and did much better on the grading both received 9.8. I am new at grading comic books and this was my second submission.

Still testing the waters with CGC and overall, I have been happy with the grades I have been getting mostly 9,6 - 9,8. The 2 Web of Spiderman's looked terrible to me but the pressing

really fixed them up nicely.

On 2/26/2023 at 7:13 AM, TegrityComics said:

Yes, I have 2 copies 9.6 and the 9.4 For some reason I was buying multiples on some books back in the day. (I was a Reader not a Dealer).

Batman The Dark Knight Returns #4 and did much better on the grading both received 9.8. I am new at grading comic books and this was my second submission.

If funds permitted I too would purchase 2-3 copies of some books thinking they would be an investment.  It took 35 or so years but I guess I guess I was correct depending on book and condition.

I also purchased 2 copies of Web 1 back in Jan 1985, submitted one last year, no pressing, and received a 9.8.   Based on the census population many purchased multiple copies :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/26/2023 at 11:58 AM, MAR1979 said:

If funds permitted I too would purchase 2-3 copies of some books thinking they would be an investment.  It took 35 or so years but I guess I guess I was correct depending on book and condition.

I also purchased 2 copies of Web 1 back in Jan 1985, submitted one last year, no pressing, and received a 9.8.   Based on the census population many purchased multiple copies :)

Being A New Yorker I have to love Spider-Man LOL