• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has the worst comics seller's website?
3 3

75 posts in this topic

I've found mid-town comics to be a chore to find anything on.  Doug's site is bad, the one time I bought from him I actually just sent him my list (that's mail-order tech there, but with e-mail!!!!).  Mile High's issue is pricing.  The site is antiquated, but you can at least find stuff.

mtc.png

Edited by kenaran
added a pic for consistancy

On 2/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, Math Teacher said:

I'm not sure I agree about mycomicworld.com. I don't have a lot of difficulty finding what I want. Their listings provide a wealth of information. One benefit of this shop is that they have cover pictures of almost every book, even books they don't have in stock.

However, one drawback I know about on this site is that they need an up-arrow at the bottom of the page that will take you back to the top of the page, just as CGC, GPAnalysis, and Ebay have.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, minutekev@50 said:

It is REALLY a chore to navigate - that said I bought from Doug in the past and he's got great stuff. Great grader.

Great, I just placed my first order with him. :)

He had ALL the run copies I needed for a title in stock, in high grade, so I'm eager to see them and hopefully send him another want list.

I'm not too hung up on dated websites. I can understand why many sellers find updating their sites prohibitive. I appreciate the simplicity and functionality of wwcomics.com, comiclink.com, mycomicsshop.com, highgradecomics.com and others like them. They are dated, yes, but for viewing pages and pages of thumbnails for someone with thousands of comics and related print in inventory, they work great. These sites are generally tabular and have good search filters and a deep inventory.

But some of these especially bad ones, whew boy. I think they copy pasted text from their print catalogs and make haphazard attempts at adding pages and home page updates.