• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I see my graders notes?

4 posts in this topic

I tried via email, but CGC email system rejected it. So I will try here. I want to see the graders notes to one of my books. It just got graded on the 20th of February. It is a foil Warren Louw Power Girl cover for action comics 1051. I just want to know how a book I got from the artist webstore brand new got a 9.0? I just put in the mail for cgc a day after I got it. Unless it got damaged somehow on the way to cgc? I heard CGC was harsh on foil covers, but it seems over kill. I am a member and entered the cert number in the web lookup and nothing shows up.

• Administrator

Hello,

These graders' notes when available will be visible now as the submission has finally shipped. As a reminder, the grader notes are not required nor a guaranteed part of the grading service. Since no notes were taken by the grading team, there is no further information we can provide to you regarding the grade of your item. A link to the CGC Guarantee is below for your reference: The CGC Guarantee

On 2/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, nodakskip said:

. I just want to know how a book I got from the artist webstore brand new got a 9.0? 

I read somewhere on these boards (or maybe it was on another) that even a new comic straight from the publisher typically isn't any better than maybe a VF/NM to NM range, especially for modern era books. DId you get it pressed?

On 2/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, MattM CS said:

As a reminder, the grader notes are not required nor a guaranteed part of the grading service. 

Understood . . . but they should be. Many clients probably spend a great deal of time and care, and/or cost, to prepare books for submission. What does it take for a grader to check off a couple of pre-defined defect boxes to provide some clue to the owner of the book? 10-15 seconds? The whole 'it's up to the grader' thing is . . . a lazy business practice. It would probably be better to offer the Grader Notes as an option for a nominal fee. In this way, the client would be assured to get grader notes if desired.