• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Power Pack #1
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I mean I say “PGM” but really it’s “tell me how bad it is 😐

A bit of backstory, many years ago, when my cat was a little kitten I made the mistake of leaving some comics on the floor of my room and she did what kittens do and clawed them up 

One of the victims was my poor PP #1 

I’m guessing those slashes are *really* going to hurt the final grade but curious but just how much 

Eventually I’m sure I’ll get a non-kitten slashed copy, but till then this is all I’ve got 

Is above a 5.0 even possible like this 😐?

Thanks for taking a look at it 

5C659BDB-2FD6-4425-8EFD-4BD8B55DA8A4.jpeg

6E53AAF1-B9C6-4073-9736-5DA60CBD4E83.jpeg

C444B88C-F67B-4D54-971F-6CEA94B02793.jpeg

9587CA9D-F5AC-4FBE-865B-FB41B7B21C40.jpeg

14F4FAD9-DA94-4156-B570-18038707BF1B.jpeg

FBE25BC4-7E7C-4F5D-849E-C3F24DE180CC.jpeg

407A8C3F-22EF-4CBE-A681-E19D0DF87D16.jpeg

19003119-75E6-44EB-8737-8FE1996E502D.jpeg

I think this is more like a 3.0/3.5. Just too much wear and tear on a (relatively) new comic. Still an affordable book in high grade all things considered.

We adopted a 10 year old greyhound about 15 years ago. She shredded every sheet of paper, or magazine she could get her toothless mouth on. I was super careful with comics, so she never got one. I even have a little ziploc full of some of her handiwork. Your book is way more valuable as a keepsake than a collectable.

image.thumb.png.66041f4bcd7ba5a9f626a3471208d15a.png

2.5/3.0

I still have a couple of comics with cat marks on them. One old cat peed all over one long box many years ago. The comics were undamaged but the box was 90s Liefeld and type drek so I took it as a sign and got rid of the books.

Thanks for posting.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, scburdet said:

I think this is more like a 3.0/3.5. Just too much wear and tear on a (relatively) new comic. Still an affordable book in high grade all things considered

Yeah…that sounds about right 😂

Tbh I have no recollection how I ended up with it in the first place nor how bad a condition it was prior to its…alteration 

In all likelihood it was never a very high grade copy to begin with 😐

On 2/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, scburdet said:

Your book is way more valuable as a keepsake than a collectable.

I think you’re right on the money, no pun intended 😂

About a 3.0 Thanks for sharing the story behind it!

Many years back we took in a tall gangly dog roughly a year old. Part wolfhound, part Dalmatian we reckoned. Still a puppy in many ways but used to living on the street. Day one, she found my copy of a Robert E Howard biography/bibliography, a rarity here in the UK. That got shredded! So it seems we all have treasured memories of animal/collectible interactions. 

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 2/25/2023 at 5:07 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

So it seems we all have treasured memories of animal/collectible interactions

Definitely 😂

I mean I won’t deny I was a *little* mad at her for vandalizing my precious books but it was at least partially my own fault for keeping them in a place that was within clawing distance, but in my defense I was maybe 12 or 13 and certainly didn’t have the preservation mindset I do now 😂😂

And she was a bitty baby, not her fault she found them so shredable 

and yeah, I guess in a sense it is kind of keepsake or reminder of her 

She passed about a decade ago now, but this remains

Just kind of wish she’d gone for something a little less…potentially valuable

I would probably say 99.9% of my collection from back then would have been better since even now they are probably worth about as much as the cost of a Big Mac…

But eh, it’s not like it was an Amazing Fantasy 15 or anything

I *can* always buy a higher grade copy if I really wanted, I just never got around to it 😐

I’ve bid on a few in auctions in the last few years, but I always lose them when the price suddenly skyrockets towards the end and I just lose the will to put down that kind of money on it…

Someday maybe