• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Signed at Comic Con (Non-Signature Series)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Does CGC authenticate a signature of books signed outside of the domain of the Signature Series?  I had a book signed at Comic Con-Denver 2017. I have proof of purchase of the event and possibly a photo of the signer but that's probably the best verification I can provide. Uncanny X-Men 134 Signed by Famke Janssen. If not, who would authenticate the signature before I send to get graded?

• Administrator

Hello,

CGC does not accept COAs, Photos, or any other form of proof to authenticate a signature for the Signature Series. Because of this your book would receive a Green Qualified Label if it was sent in for grading. The only way for a book to receive a Signature Series label is for a customer to have the book witnessed by a CGC witness/facilitator, or submitted to us directly by the signer within 30 days of the signature. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

• Administrator

Hello @Retroh, COAs are not required to receive the Qualified "Green" label. We do ask that you retain your copy of the COA since it is not needed for grading. If you'd like to send one in any way, please kindly send in a copy and not the original. Thank you!