• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Hostess ads (DC only)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Looking to purchase a Hostess ad with one of the DC heroes or villains. Would be particularly interested in the the Green Lantern bobsled ad or the Flash marathon ad (duh, can't believe I didn't bid on it at HA when it came up...). Why those two? I've done multiple marathons and was actually a member of the US Bobsled & Skeleton Federation (though for skeleton, not bobsled). These would be awesome to have in my collection! 

I'm a motivated buyer, and comfortable with paying multiples over market (and a finders fee) if we can find the right piece. 

Bob

Well, I would hope so as that is the sole governing body for US sliding sports. 

I got to walk the 1980 bobsled track this summer in Lake Placid while visiting with my family, which is a very very different experience than 2003 when I was taking the sharp turns at 85 miles an hour under +4 g of force. Face first…

just saying…I would love to track down that Green Lantern Hostess ad! 

9996E234-84E9-4313-9263-7BFC40FEDAE2.jpeg

Edited by Sideshow Bob

I will piggyback on this thread (with the OP's permission) and add that I am searching for Marvel Hostess ads myself. Hulk is obviously that highest on my want list, but all Marvel would be of interest. TIA!

On 2/23/2023 at 3:39 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Looking to purchase a Hostess ad with one of the DC heroes or villains. Would be particularly interested in the the Green Lantern bobsled ad or the Flash marathon ad (duh, can't believe I didn't bid on it at HA when it came up...). Why those two? I've done multiple marathons and was actually a member of the US Bobsled & Skeleton Federation (though for skeleton, not bobsled). These would be awesome to have in my collection! 

I'm a motivated buyer, and comfortable with paying multiples over market (and a finders fee) if we can find the right piece. 

Bob

Not sure if you have seen this one. Not the bobsled one, but still a Green Lantern Hostess ad. I am sure it would not be cheap, but looks like the Donnelly brothers have one. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=8383383