• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YAY! STOLEN ITEMS RECOVERED: Collection Of Captain Billy's Whiz Bang

14 posts in this topic

STOLEN ITEMS ALERT ITEMS HAVE BEEN RECOVERED!!! SEE POST BELOW
This collection of Captain Billy's Whiz Bang were stolen from my table at a Local Las Vegas Comic Con back in November. It took a while to identify the lost items because it wasn't until I figured out what was missing & I haven't reported them until now because I wanted to make sure they had not been misplaced in my warehouse.
If you see these books, please contact me at sales@comic-art.com If you have already seen them, please also contact me. To the thief. You can return them to me anonymously at
POBox 30515 Las Vegas NV 89173
dealers.. I will pay a small reward for their return

whiz_bang_001.jpg

whiz_bang_002.jpg

whiz_bang_003.jpg

whiz_bang_004.jpg

whiz_bang_005.jpg

Edited by comicartcom

Holy Cow! That's like half a miracle. You may never know exactly who sent them to you. From the point of view of a thief it just seems so unlikely they would send them back instead either selling them or even just sitting on them for a long long long time. Congratulations

I don't care who stole them. They've been returned.
I'm sure however that without social media, it would not have happened. I posted this to a couple dozen groups on facebook, here, on my instagram.. It really cuts down on your ability to sell them, or even show them to friends. Of course, a key is that I have photos of them, and so they can be identified and that is also deadly.
Social media also helped Earl Shaw recover an X-Men #1 not too long ago. It's a useful tool.

It's obvious Tony Stark had a relapse and was drinking again.

When he checked into rehab and attended his AA meetings and started the 'ten steps' to make things right to those he'd wronged, he returned the books.

Simple.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, MattTheDuck said:

DNA is your friend.  You should do all you can to identify and have this person prosecuted. Punishment and message sending are valuable.

DNA? Yeah they got a whole team of detectives working on this case. Plus the boys down at the lab have made it top priority. Top. Priority. Just kidding.

He's right about leaving it be. Even if they traced the sender of the books from credit card info, postal worker's police sketches of the sender, CC footage,  fingerprints and DNA test results, all they have to say is they found them and saw the internet posting saying they were stolen and they sent them to the address. The police wouldn't even bother with this nor the prosecutors office. However the FBI might be interested. 

On 3/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, comicartcom said:

I was totally amazed to unexpectedly get this box in today's mail.

obviously all my posts to social media made these items too hot to handle and they were shipped back to me, apparently by Iron Man from my own address. I'll have to see if he has a lab in my mailbox next time I go to get mail

whiz.thumb.jpg.12aad6d720f1c33c88cc0e0f2c85fad5.jpg

whiz_stark.jpg.9b10621425a1db7b5cef443258d24225.jpg

Congrats.  So glad these great books have been recovered.

On 3/25/2023 at 1:17 AM, comicartcom said:

I don't care who stole them. They've been returned.
I'm sure however that without social media, it would not have happened. I posted this to a couple dozen groups on facebook, here, on my instagram.. It really cuts down on your ability to sell them, or even show them to friends. Of course, a key is that I have photos of them, and so they can be identified and that is also deadly.
Social media also helped Earl Shaw recover an X-Men #1 not too long ago. It's a useful tool.

That's why the Action #1 that was stolen from Nicholas Cage was discovered in a storage locker.  A book may be worth millions but it's worthless if it's stolen and can be identified.

On 3/25/2023 at 1:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

That's why the Action #1 that was stolen from Nicholas Cage was discovered in a storage locker.  A book may be worth millions but it's worthless if it's stolen and can be identified.

I've thought about that. We don't know how that book wound up where it was found. But in a similar situation especially a book that is in basically perfect shape to the naked eye I wonder if it could be made to look older, more beat up, ect ect to a point where it really couldn't be positively identified. "What this book?" "I bought it at a flea market decades ago in a stack of old magazines". That would be a real interesting court case.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, pemart1966 said:

Too bad nobody at the PO picked up on the name and company of the sender and ask him/her for ID.

Glad that you got your stuff back.

No, perhaps it's a good thing they didn't get too intrusive; might have scared him away with the goods in tow.