• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AS #1 GD stolen at NY BAP show

51 posts in this topic

I had a AS #1 in GD condition that was stolen from me today at the BAP show. Book has a Large blue RH next to "The Amazing Spiderman". There is a 3 inch tear in the front cover. The back cover has Daniel written in -script, Danny and Wanny on the top BC, Paul St On in -script in large pen on the bottom of the Back cover. The front and cover scans are up on my website.

http://www.highgradecomics.com/images/catalog/as1gd.jpg

http://www.highgradecomics.com/images/catalog/as1gdbc.jpg

A reward will be given if the book is recovered.

Thank you,

Robert C. Storms

Bob -

This stuff really pi$$es me off, I am sorry and I hope it is found. What are the circumstances in which is was taken?

Perhaps you should put signs up at the show that say something like "Smile you are on camera" or something like that. Even if you do not have a camera, it is a big deterrent.

I hope it is found and I will keep an eye on eBay and let my LCS's know.

Tom

This was a case where a customer came up to my booth asking if I had any high grade Hulk 181's. He only wanted CGC or a 9.0 or better raw copy. I stupidly did not get his name, he stated he was an Assistant principle and that he really wanted a high grade copy. He must have come back to my booth 4-5 times. I also had a Hulk #1 in CGC 4.0 which I stated would probably be a better deal for the amount of money he wanted to spend ($2000) since I wanted more the for Hulk #181 9.4. Either way he says he has to think about the Hulk #1. He comes back again, states that the wife won't let him spend $2k, he states what do I have for around $1,000. I show him my AS #129 9.4, I really don't have any "key's" for $1k. Finally I show him the AS #1 in GD. I then go to show some people some other books since I thought I could trust him to give me the book back. Needless to say I forget to check up on him and with the hole on the wall I notice he's gone.

I've checked my boxes to see if he stuck it in one but will check again tomorrow. Needless to say I am not happy about this and am basically blaming myself for trusting this person.

gee, in the old days carbonaro's muscle squad would catch and kill these guys who shoplifted. but he's had the same guys doing these shows for 10 years and some of them are getting long in the tooth (and large in the belly).

I had a AS #1 in GD condition that was stolen from me today at the BAP show. Book has a Large blue RH next to "The Amazing Spiderman". There is a 3 inch tear in the front cover. The back cover has Daniel written in -script, Danny and Wanny on the top BC, Paul St On in -script in large pen on the bottom of the Back cover. The front and cover scans are up on my website.

Sorry to hear of this. I will add Amazing Spiderman 1 to my Ebay daily search for you. Hope the guy gets busted.

Also, received my books yesterday and I'm a happy camper. Each book graded dead on. Excellant service and one of the best to deal with. I look forward to another order.

This was a case where a customer came up to my booth asking if I had any high grade Hulk 181's. He only wanted CGC or a 9.0 or better raw copy. I stupidly did not get his name, he stated he was an Assistant principle and that he really wanted a high grade copy.

Bob... I recall this guy coming back several times as I was browsing through the Rosa books at your booth and next door.

In retrospect, it seems like he may have been intentionally trying to distract you with all his 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Well, I'm glad to hear the book turned up.