• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AS #1 GD stolen at NY BAP show

51 posts in this topic

Book has been found! grin.gif

Where?

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm...silence...maybe Bob had one too many last night and forgot that he took it home to read instead of going to play poker with the boys 27_laughing.gif

Every comic ever published is about truth and justice, yet the hobby is rife with thieves and scammers. At one time, that shocked me. Now I'm just dismayed.

(I'll keep my eyes out for the book too.)

I couldnt have said it any better myself! bravo!

I'd still like to know how the book was recovered, as it all happened very quickly.

I bet Bob found it stashed in another box, and is currently making up a Chuck-like tale of international danger and intrigue, on how he *really* got the book back. 893naughty-thumb.gif

No international tale of intrigue or swat missions.

I had a large order of books and was going through them this morning and found the AS #1 as I was finishing up sorting them by title and Issue. Anybody who knows me will know that I generally keep a very neat booth. What's disturbing is that I have no memory of him giving the book back and why I would have put it in this pile of books instead of back on the wall where it belonged. I also don't like holes on my display wall since I generally make quick glances to see if something is missing. Anybody doing a show and seeing an empty hole on the wall with no memory of selling the book knows what this feels like.

Well, it happens to the best of us. God, knows how many times, I misplaced a book(set of keys, my wallet, etc) and found in place, that makes no sense. I think, I found a book on top of the fridge once. Thank god it was encapsulated.

...I still say that guy asking about the Hulk #181s had something to do with it,...let's find him anyway and crucify him,...he probably trims books too,...c'mon..let's get him,...

...I still say that guy asking about the Hulk #181s had something to do with it,...let's find him anyway and crucify him,...he probably trims books too,...c'mon..let's get him,...

Form a lynch mob just for the hell of it?

...why not?...never stopped us before,...

...why not?...never stopped us before,...

Sure

I had a large order of books and was going through them this morning and found the AS #1 as I was finishing up sorting them by title and Issue.

blush.gif

Well, I guess I better let that guy out of the basement, huh?