• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cgc magazine holder
6 6

110 posts in this topic

That video made is brutal but how did the presser not notice the missing stamp? I’d think it would be pretty obvious.

I will agree with others that the biggest frustration now is just not knowing where we stand in line. How long have they been stockpiling without communication? This is not a good look at all.

Hi Alec,

Please let us know how you make out if you call them. My Standard Submission is past the 69 business days that shows in the current TAT. (It was 42 when I submitted)

In the meantime, I going to spend my slab money somewhere else. NOT THIS COMPANY!!!

Thanks

20220818_062752 (2).jpg

On 3/14/2023 at 7:57 AM, TegrityComics said:

Hi Alec,

Please let us know how you make out if you call them. My Standard Submission is past the 69 business days that shows in the current TAT. (It was 42 when I submitted)

In the meantime, I going to spend my slab money somewhere else. NOT THIS COMPANY!!!

Thanks

20220818_062752 (2).jpg

Thanks amigo!  I am awaiting a support email. If that doesn't resolve it, I'll call.  

Alec

Here is their response....

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to see that your submission is delayed. Our Magazine tiers are all experiencing delays in processing due to a previous hold on magazine holder production while a new magazine holder was developed

While I understand your frustration, we post clearly on our Services and Fees page of the website that turnaround times are estimates only and are not guaranteed. We appreciate your patience as the team works to complete submissions as efficiently as possible. 

Best Regards, 

Julia J

So helpful...so sincere...

I love how they hide behind their "disclaimer."  I guess they are trained to do that.  Even though it is not legally actionable fraud...it's still fraud.  Dropping the TATs when they KNOW they have submissions older than that date to encourage more submissions is *F*R*A*U*D*.

Alec

On 3/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, Famous Monsters Forryever said:

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to see that your submission is delayed. Our Magazine tiers are all experiencing delays in processing due to a previous hold on magazine holder production while a new magazine holder was developed

While I understand your frustration, we post clearly on our Services and Fees page of the website that turnaround times are estimates only and are not guaranteed. We appreciate your patience as the team works to complete submissions as efficiently as possible. 

Best Regards, 

Julia J

I love how they hide behind their "disclaimer."  I guess they are trained to do that.  Even though it is not legally actionable fraud...it's still fraud.  Dropping the TATs when they KNOW they have submissions older than that date to encourage more submissions is *F*R*A*U*D*.

Alec

Get on the blower to them, at least you can vent a bit, I mean, why are books that arrived after yours in GEI and yours isn't? 

On 3/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, Famous Monsters Forryever said:

Best Regards, 

Julia J

Alec

If it is any help, I did see another thread in which the person had received his submission 4054939. Funny part was he was wondering about his other Magazine order that he submitted way before that with a # like 402???? customer service said that since they are working so hard to fix the backlog that things will be out of order. LOL

On 3/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

We started encapsulating magazines Friday.  They are supposed be done in the order we received them.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:15 PM, TegrityComics said:

If it is any help, I did see another thread in which the person had received his submission 4054939. Funny part was he was wondering about his other Magazine order that he submitted way before that with a # like 402???? customer service said that since they are working so hard to fix the backlog that things will be out of order. LOL

But they were supposed to be done in the order they were received!

image.gif.8ff766f50b5439e88884cbcc20d6193b.gif

Turns out it wasn’t just the plastic holders holding up the books. They had to order new machinery, make sure everything was configured properly, and get operations going because the new slabs didn’t work with the old stuff. This was a tidbit of info I was unaware of until now. 

On 3/15/2023 at 5:34 PM, Barbossal said:

do we have information about slabbable dimensions of magazine changing?

I don't have any inside information or anything, but I'm guessing there will still be 3.

• Administrator
On 3/15/2023 at 6:34 PM, Barbossal said:

Hi @CGC Mike , do we have information about slabbable dimensions of magazine changing? I have a couple magazines that are 12" tall and just outside the range of the old 11.5" holders. Really hoping this iteration can slip them in! Thanks

Maximum magazine dimensions are 11-1/2" tall x 8-7/8" wide x 1/2

On 3/16/2023 at 12:08 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

I have the 1st 10 2000 AD's to submit, should I wait?

How fond of them are you?