• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Con - July 15-16, 2023 - Glendale, CA (Los Angeles)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

I am planning on attending on Sunday.  Bringing a few boxes of books to TRADE,  sell  or consign.

Looking for High Grade  and selected Four Colors

Hopefully  someone will post a report after saturdays event

The books attached   are a couple of the 80 that have  been upgraded  and hopefully  will find a new home

fc 017 Popeye & Wimpy.jpg

fc 115 LittleLulu.jpg

I'll be there Saturday with an original art portfolio - I am not planning on carting along any slabs but if you need an ASM 8 in 9.2W or some misc, Everett Atlas slabs let me know - here is the Atlas slab list

- Marvel Tales 151 - 4.5
- Mystery Tales 2 - 5.5
- Mystery Tales 10 - 5.5
- Mystic 42 - 4.5
- Mystic 53 - 4.5
- Strange Tales 21 - 4.0
- Uncanny Tales 55 - 5.0

marktlevy@yahoo.com

I will also be in SDCC Wed - Fri...

Mark

On 7/15/2023 at 6:53 PM, Robot Man said:

Just got home from Torpedo. Whoo Doggies! What a huge packed room of beautiful vintage funny books! Saw a lot of friends, made some new ones and spent a load of cash.

If you didn’t go today, make sure to hit it tomorrow. I left a few for you. If you can’t find something to buy in that room, you aren’t a comic collector…

No time today for a full report but will try tomorrow. Got pictures to prove it…

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpeg

IMG_7058.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg

thank you for the pics! i so wanted to be there but it was not meant to be this year. next year for sure i am coming down. 

thanks for the update.  did not look too crowded  from the pics.

Very nice wall display Dale 

Who else is planning on going on sunday?

DOes it save to buy tickets  in advance?

On 7/15/2023 at 8:35 PM, Dale Roberts said:

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1691.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

Easily, the best display at the show. The wall was blinding! I bought some nice Everett post code horror books from his helper and didn’t even need to ask for a discount. One of the nicest dealers on the circuit. 

I only went Saturday, but I can definitely say the room didn't feel crowded/busy. I was able to walk around and browse freely in the two rooms. The hallway where the signings were going on got little hectic. Got there around 10:15am and found parking without issue. Some great books on display and great vendor line-up!, I picked-up some great looking X-men books to fill the gaps in my Bronze Age run or upgrade my existing copies.

As a pure comic collector with no interest in the massive event that is SDCC, this show was perfect. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Will gladly go to the next event if they have one!