• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 423
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I suppose it's OK to own a DC comic if the cover is cool. Interesting, the grade label when it arrive was higher than what was advertised. Will be curious to see which side people land on.

Batman-423.jpg

PXL_20230306_203250289.jpg

PXL_20230306_203254141.jpg

PXL_20230306_203258704.jpg

PXL_20230306_203302048.jpg

Batman-423rev.jpg

The abrasion along the bottom part of the spine on the front cover (around the UPC box) is what would concern me. Also, not sure if it is the lighting or what, but the right outside edge of the front cover also appears to have some significant color fade from the edge into the cover about 1/2 inch in. That could just be a slight curl reflecting the light slightly different, but I can't really tell. With just the abrasion and the other items already mentioned, I'd go 8.5 but if that is in fact significant color fade on the right edge of the cover, I would think that would drop it an additional grade to 8.0.

On 3/7/2023 at 2:25 AM, atticus.fetch said:

significant color fade from the edge into the cover

There is a slight scuff on that corner, but I think the "fade" you are seeing is the combination of light & the Chips Ahoy ad on the other side of the page. The chocolate stripe lines up nicely with what you describe. Thankfully, the Striped Chips Ahoy are as dead as Earth-2 Batman

Vintage 1987 Nabisco Striped Chips Ahoy print ad - Cookies - Comic Book  size | eBay

On 3/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

ding

There are a couple of light stress lines on the back. Definitely will keep it out of the higher end NM

Thanks all. Here's the "reveal" since enough of the community has weighed in. Probably reserving this in case there's another TM signing sometime in the next decade.

Spoiler

Listed online at VF+ but the tag on the board says 9.2/NM-. Purchased from an authorized CGC dealer so I figured they were more likely to grade fairly.