• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2: March 31st-April 2nd 2023 (Chicago, Illinois)
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Didn't see any other thread on this show coming up in a few short weeks! https://www.c2e2.com

We will be located in Booth #1319 (same booth as previous few years) with all of the new inventory we have listed since our last show in October. Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by AustinReece_GRRC

On 3/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, nDemik said:

Will we have another controversy like last year to make the event that much more entertaining? 🤷‍♂️

Let's hope not, lol! I was in that line minutes after the crazy stuff had happened. 

Do you guys know if there is anywhere online where we can see the C2E2 exclusives for this year? I haven't really seen anything online.

Edited by captainzombie

I am cross posting my comment from the MegaCon thread.

I have been to C2E2 the last two days and you can feel the affects of having MegaCon on the same weekend. Not sure who decided to have 2 big cons at the same time, but hoping this doesn't happen again. Some comic book dealers that have been there in the past did not come this year. The Comic Mint and Black Flag had no presence this year since they are at MegaCon. Normally they are the two to have C2E2 exclusives, this year we only got some exclusives from Comics Elite and Unknown Comics. What they had for C2E2 exclusives this year, were not really that good.

I will say though is that many dealers actually had really good pricing for the most part. I was able to get 2 bigger books and they were at FMV. Then there were some dealers that really had some wonky pricing making me scratch my head as this is not 2021. I was talking to another dealer about that and he couldn't understand why someone would come to the show only to have "wall books" that are overpriced so they can show off they have some really expensive books they aren't willing to sell.

I'm not sure how many comic book dealers there are at MegaCon, but I do feel like there have been somewhat a bit less this year at C2E2 than last year. I sometimes feel even when I go to the local cons that they are engulfed by FunkoPop dealers.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:44 PM, captainzombie said:

I am cross posting my comment from the MegaCon thread.

I

I was talking to another dealer about that and he couldn't understand why someone would come to the show only to have "wall books" that are overpriced so they can show off they have some really expensive books they aren't willing to sell.

wouldn’t this describe every con ever