• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian CGC location
1 1

9 posts in this topic

This is a pie in the sky wish, but I'm sure I speak for all Canucks when I suggest this.

It would be awesome if CGC had an office in Canada (I suggest Calgary).  This location would not have to be for grading comics (although that would be incredible), but rather a central shipping location for Canadians.  It is so much more expensive to ship comics to the states.  

I know that the "competition" does this.  To submit to the alternative in Canada you can send it to their office in Canada and then it gets shipped off from there.

Another thing that could be done, is reholders in Canada.  Reholders require no graders!  I have many books that I would love to get reholdered, but the shipping costs are just too much to make it worth while.  I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

To recap:

1.  Please get a location in Canada that we can ship to.

2.  Even better, do reholders at this location.

Fellow Canadians please support this!

:baiting:

The competition actually stopped the shipping service to their US location.

Totally agree that having a location in Canada would be fabulous.  The border officials sometimes slap a fee on shipments even though its just a service and you can appeal the decision and get your money back but its a huge hassle.  If they cannot set up shop north of the border, maybe some kind of temporary solution at a convention or for a weekend would be cool - watch that slab machine go!  Very unlikely, but ya never know. 

On 3/8/2023 at 2:04 PM, TrevorP24 said:

This is a pie in the sky wish, but I'm sure I speak for all Canucks when I suggest this.

It would be awesome if CGC had an office in Canada (I suggest Calgary).  This location would not have to be for grading comics (although that would be incredible), but rather a central shipping location for Canadians.  It is so much more expensive to ship comics to the states.  

I know that the "competition" does this.  To submit to the alternative in Canada you can send it to their office in Canada and then it gets shipped off from there.

Another thing that could be done, is reholders in Canada.  Reholders require no graders!  I have many books that I would love to get reholdered, but the shipping costs are just too much to make it worth while.  I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

To recap:

1.  Please get a location in Canada that we can ship to.

2.  Even better, do reholders at this location.

Fellow Canadians please support this!

:baiting:

I support this.  Shipping comics from Canada to the US and back is very expensive.

My shipping costs have been cut by 50% or more from the USA by getting a Fedex account and having shippers use GROUND INTERNATIONAL service. And you only have to wait a few more days than next day shipping.

On 4/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

I like the idea as well, I have several books I would send for reholders if it was in the country.

I think it would be profitable if they had multiple services likes cards and comics at a Canadian location.

Once the word got out with strong marketing and consumer confidence was high, it would do very well.

Plus that would cut down on the number of submissions to Sarasota.