• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What book has tanked the hardest?
2 2

99 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, october said:

Only $2400 more than it's worth now. :eek:

Whenever I see a book I sold get hot two weeks later I think of the MSH sale. 

However, after having it happen a dozen times or so, eventually that sale becomes eclipsed. 

On 3/11/2023 at 4:32 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Surprise is it's still as high as 660. 

Wish I could dig up the old post of mine from 2021 that mentioned in 1-2 years it would be under $500. Now no reason to think that next year at this time it could be $350 or less in CGC 9.8 with WP

Worth repeating:

During the pandemic bubble, Investors/Flippers/Speculators were buying books like this [Eternals 1] and selling them for a profit.  Nearly every Non-DC book was viewed as a sure thing.  So-Called Online "influencers" were all downplaying that books could EVER go down.  Skilled Comic book market naysayers were scoffed at because times were good.  There was no such thing as overpaying for a book because prices rose and there was no end in sight. How could the sky be falling when everything was rising in value? ENTER THE BEAR!

The scoffing included many at these CGC forums.  To all those that scoffed, I TOLD YOU SO!

Edited by MAR1979

Silver Surfer may be next with the MCU touch of death ... lol.

That being said, I wouldn't mind grabbing some Eternals issues now that they're coming down in price.  I always did like the "cosmic level" story lines.  Then, in a few years, when the MCU is done butchering Silver Surfer, I may pick up on a few of those issues I wanted, as well.