• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Indiana Comic show report
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 9:28 PM, Raze said:

I forgot to mention dealer prices. From what I saw the prices were reasonable and the dealers seemed like they were all selling pretty well. I saw dealers buy and trade.

The biggest book I saw sel was a LBCole Trilling Crime pictured. I wasnt at the table at the time but saw the new owner showing it off and talked a little with him.

There was one dealer that had a lot of books that I really wanted but was only able to pick up one from him.

48DC4FE2-AC99-4B74-9E06-76A396C6E214.jpeg

Yes the buyer is a boardie I believe from Louisville. He showed me on the way out a couple of nice book he bought. 

On 3/15/2023 at 8:06 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

Great report, thanks for starting the thread!   

I was there too, I made the 1 1/2 hour drive from Robinson, Illinois.  Although I was somewhat pressed for time I managed to pick up some gold.  I, too, was impressed with the selection and the prices.  There was pretty much something for everyone at this show as far as comic books go.

I made the majority of my purchases with one dealer, Mark Scott.  I was thrilled to pick up a Masked Ranger #9 which is a super rare book with artwork by pretty much the entire Fleagle Gang.  That book alone made the trip worthwhile for me.  

This was my first experience with this show but I will definitely be returning in the future!

GROUP smaller.jpg

MASKED RANGER 9 smaller.jpg

Isnt there a small shop in your town? or somewhere near you? I seem to remember going up there to see a small shop once in awhile?

Great to have you BTW. The show was busier then I expected since there was also a Horror Con and another show 90 miles South of us.

Thank you for the write up I enjoyed talking with you as well. Bring some buddies back. I will send you some flyers
this time around. Next show is June 17th. I will put a link on our Facebook page as well. I am very happy with our
progress with the show and how it is growing every show.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:10 PM, fastballspecial said:

Thank you for the write up I enjoyed talking with you as well. Bring some buddies back. I will send you some flyers
this time around. Next show is June 17th. I will put a link on our Facebook page as well. I am very happy with our
progress with the show and how it is growing every show.

No problem! I love doing these reports they are fun! 

Im going to try to make the June show, Ill start asking around. 

On 3/24/2023 at 7:25 PM, trashcollector said:

I have set up and attended all the shows there. Ned also a board member was there we set up as hoptown comics we just attended and bought at this one. Most dealers have decent prices where I can actually buy books which is not the case at several shows. The highlight for me was scoring a Scooby-Doo 1 cgc 6.0 from the same dealer that had the L.B Cole book.

Man oh man, this kind of news cheers me with hope every year. Unfortunately I watched a LCS video last night were I saw a couple of things on the social media vid that were fmv. Through Paypal not really taxed depending on payment method, but that said...

He was asked a certain question of price and said it's more $$ In store, idk, then said even MORE at cons. Argh 😂

On 3/24/2023 at 7:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man oh man, this kind of news cheers me with hope every year. Unfortunately I watched a LCS video last night were I saw a couple of things on the social media vid that were fmv. Through Paypal not really taxed depending on payment method, but that said...

He was asked a certain question of price and said it's more $$ In store, idk, then said even MORE at cons. Argh 😂

To clarify I'm not upset nor complaining as it costs with brick and mortar and even more at cons, just what makes fmv? What I can see elsewhere online, which is hard up news when saving for the con! Especially when you're to be Lord willing excited for it. 😂 

Such and such is life, and I'm glad cause I know they sell eventually or the business strategy would detour, which subconsciously makes me pay up at cons doh!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/24/2023 at 7:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To clarify I'm not upset nor complaining as it costs with brick and mortar and even more at cons, just what makes fmv? What I can see elsewhere online, which is hard up news when saving for the con! Especially when you're to be Lord willing excited for it. 😂 

Such and such is life, and I'm glad cause I know they sell eventually or the business strategy would detour, which subconsciously makes me pay up at cons doh!

I always remind buyers of a couple of things. One the book is in your hand and two they are not paying shipping and 
rolling the dice.

On 3/24/2023 at 6:08 PM, fastballspecial said:

Mark is the first dealer on the right when you walk in. I tried to get him to come down for the first couple of shows.
Now he is here at every show. He has a ton of books every time. Watching him set up is a clinic in comic book dealer
effeciency. 

Robert runs a great show and any comic fan within a few hours of Evansville will be happy that they attended!

Mark is the first dealer on the right when you walk in. I tried to get him to come down for the first couple of shows.
Now he is here at every show. He has a ton of books every time. Watching him set up is a clinic in comic book dealer
effeciency. 

Robert runs a great show and any comic fan within a few hours of Evansville will be happy that they attended!

On 3/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

I had Fighting Front #2 and #3 in my hands and you commented that I almost had the full set. (If I'm thinking of the right person.)  I ultimately decided not to purchase #2.  

Yes, Mark Scott was on the corner in the dark area.  I think I was at his booth when you spoke to me.  Here is a photo of him and me:

MARK TONY.jpg

Thanks Tony!  Great seeing you as always...wish Don could have made it as well!  

On 3/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, Mutant Manatee said:

I had Fighting Front #2 and #3 in my hands and you commented that I almost had the full set. (If I'm thinking of the right person.)  I ultimately decided not to purchase #2.  

Yes, Mark Scott was on the corner in the dark area.  I think I was at his booth when you spoke to me.  Here is a photo of him and me:

MARK TONY.jpg

Thanks Tony!  Great seeing you as always...wish Don could have made it as well!  

On 3/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, RayJr said:

I enjoyed the Southern Indiana Con. I didn’t get to meet anyone off this bored which was a bummer but hopefully next year. Picked up a few books. Now I’m getting prepared for the PlanetCon in Kansas City this weekend 

588273B7-C0FD-4805-AB1F-32EDFC8B4AA2.jpeg

959F54CB-F797-483C-B6E6-1423D9E29568.jpeg

572E8ED0-E11D-42AD-9883-51ECC52C126E.jpeg

5C727F70-9FBF-4F72-8AA5-E05132355C92.jpeg

C5E096BD-9425-404C-960A-55FBF5981264.jpeg

ED65F6AA-75CB-4CD6-A406-13BDB8A9C90F.jpeg

842B3D22-3FCD-468A-A8FC-3F227765CC2A.jpeg

524BACB3-14C2-4507-B82C-0B0A29476B1B.jpeg

06CF758E-63D4-48CE-B70E-EAB29E1BC1DD.jpeg

I had an Heir To The Empire so you may have bought my copy. My booth was Isle Of Comics. Thanks for coming. I had to leave early but my buddy, Donny, watched the booth for me and said we were busy the whole time. Every show is getting better and better.

effeciency. 

Mark is a great guy.  Always super fair and has great books.  I see him several times a year in my area.  @Bearcatcoach is the man!

On 3/25/2023 at 5:28 AM, JacobHeidi said:

I had an Heir To The Empire so you may have bought my copy. My booth was Isle Of Comics. Thanks for coming. I had to leave early but my buddy, Donny, watched the booth for me and said we were busy the whole time. Every show is getting better and better.

That would be correct Sir. I appreciate you having it available. Looking forward to next year to pickup some more books off you

On 3/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am just finishing some minor changes to dealer setup maps. Currently we are sitting at 14 dealers so we have room for 5 more. June 17th is the next show.

Sorry I am going to miss this one due to an annual training I have to attend from 12-17 June.