• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your stuff!
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2023 at 3:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

"new" posts!

To the soundtrack of "He-Man!"

I've been lax yet I'm excited to continue see stuff I haven't ever. Bronze would be my focus for now.

Same! I don’t want to spam the forum

Great idea for thread. 

These were almost all giveaways. The Marvel buttons may have been from the late 70's but my nearest LCS had metric tons of the Cap and Thing and gave them out in the mid 80s. Spidey was from my Dad no idea where here got it...The History of DC I believe came with the purchase of the hardcover...?

image.png.ed9121dc58fa88905a2b6f5db45d8e59.png

image.png.b295845bad74217b5e32c50b8f0b505c.png

will dig out some more.

Edited by MAR1979

When does Copper end these days?

This might be a little too recent, but here's an Age of Apocalypse dangling sign. Approx. 10x10 with a hole at the top so a retailer could hang it with a string taped/pinned to the sealing. My 90's LCS owner was pretty cool with the promo stuff beyond the things intended as giveaways. Any ad materials on display were given for the asking once he finished with them, and sometimes he'd sell unused stuff like this, usually for cheap.

apoc2.jpg

apoc3.jpg

Edited by jdandns

On 3/14/2023 at 7:22 PM, D2 said:
On 3/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

"new" posts!

To the soundtrack of "He-Man!"

I've been lax yet I'm excited to continue see stuff I haven't ever. Bronze would be my focus for now.

Same! I don’t want to spam the forum

Sorry Guys I thought I was in bronze, apologies for making it seem I wasn't listening, more excited to see the memories :x

So here is some "copper age", I forget what fanzine this was from, but it is some scrapping pages from when I was a kid and a poster that I taped to cardboard to give my brother on a birthday. He was 6 to 7 years younger and I didn't want it torn, all survived unto today :) 

GetImage.aspx?c=4446289&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=My8xNS8yMDIzIDEwOjExOjMzIEFN

GetImage.aspx?c=4789462&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=My8xNS8yMDIzIDEwOjExOjMzIEFN

GetImage.aspx?c=4406359&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

As far as I know this was the only album Eclipse Comics put out.Notice the name above Dixie Pistols.Tim Truman played on the album and wrote some of the songs.The album  is still sealed in original shrink wrap and contains a Scout mini comic.I don't have the heart to open it.

100_2562.JPG

Here is the recording on youtube.Pretty freakin' awesome.Listen all the way through.Poster does some talking about Tim and the Scout comic.

Edited by Toz
added soundtrack

On 3/16/2023 at 2:19 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I created a thread a few years ago for promotional materials. A bunch of my pics are posted here: 

I'd love to see that thread get going again. I just posted in it, and I've got more to add once can get some more scanned.  (Is Copper basically 1980 to the early 90s?)

On 4/13/2023 at 7:56 PM, jdandns said:

I'd love to see that thread get going again. I just posted in it, and I've got more to add once can get some more scanned.  (Is Copper basically 1980 to the early 90s?)

Honestly I don't see the need to limit to those specific dates. Anything you picked up at a comic shop will do.