• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-O Manowar Unconquered looks incredible!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 7:45 AM, valiantman said:

It's hard to believe that X-O Manowar has been around over 30 years. It still feels like a "new character from VALIANT" compared to Marvel and DC, but the year that X-O Manowar came out, Spider-Man had only been around 30 years. hm

I cannot believe the art in this book.  It's not just the cover like many books.  All the panels look like that.  It's insanely detailed and beautiful.  I got 2 of the foil variants.  I really want the leather variant but everyone I've seen has damage to the cover...except one. 

On 3/23/2023 at 10:45 AM, valiantman said:

It's hard to believe that X-O Manowar has been around over 30 years. It still feels like a "new character from VALIANT" compared to Marvel and DC, but the year that X-O Manowar came out, Spider-Man had only been around 30 years. hm

The big difference is that Spider-man had been continuously published.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:26 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 3/23/2023 at 9:45 AM, valiantman said:

The big difference is that Spider-man had been continuously published.

True. Dr. Solar and Magnus were also about 30 years old when Valiant's versions were first released, so maybe it's more like a self-referencing nostalgia.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, valiantman said:

True. Dr. Solar and Magnus were also about 30 years old when Valiant's versions were first released, so maybe it's more like a self-referencing nostalgia.

XO has been published pretty frequently with breaks over the years in between Valiant, Acclaim, Valiant/Dynamite.  This is by far the nicest looking XO book I've ever seen though.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:53 PM, EMazman said:

XO has been published pretty frequently with breaks over the years in between Valiant, Acclaim, Valiant/Dynamite.  This is by far the nicest looking XO book I've ever seen though.

I haven't check the new one out thoroughly yet. But the 2017 series, with Giorello's art, was beautiful.

image.thumb.png.2440347028db46e645c9dc8ec7e968c6.png

image.png.c30aab5f287e832a344bf7ac15adf655.png

On 3/28/2023 at 8:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I haven't check the new one out thoroughly yet. But the 2017 series, with Giorello's art, was beautiful.

image.thumb.png.2440347028db46e645c9dc8ec7e968c6.png

image.png.c30aab5f287e832a344bf7ac15adf655.png

Agreed, Giorello's art is always on point.  His work on the DH King Conan mini's is amazing and the highlight of the whole DH Conan era.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:22 AM, valiantman said:

The cover for issue #4 has been made public.

May be a cartoon of 1 person

Yeah that's a great cover.  I had posted on Liam's page and he didn't even know it was out at that time. #5 should be out soon too.