• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘Golden Grading’?
2 2

54 posts in this topic

Whew, I'm safe as I want to start a comic book grading company: "Good Grading" "Where comic book grading is "A OK", but we prefer to call it "Good!""

(Grading prices vary depending on how we feel. We'll provide your cost after we receive your comic books. SUBMIT NOW!!!)

On 3/20/2023 at 6:54 PM, Lightning55 said:

Living dangerously in this thread.  CGC has policies against showing slabs from competing companies, or discussing their operations. I know they are small, but....

In before the ĺock!

They aren't as insecure over some grading companies as they are others.

On 3/21/2023 at 4:52 AM, Sigur Ros said:

They aren't as insecure over some grading companies as they are others.

Right. When a grading company's census = "a guy in Louisiana flipping through the short box in his garage"... CGC probably isn't too worried.

On 3/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, Gonzimodo said:
On 3/21/2023 at 9:17 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm going to start Moody Teenager Grading. Everything gets slabbed as "Fine"

That's the grade I always get back from Possibly Angry Wife Grading.  Moody Teenager Grading usually gets slabbed as "Whatever."

You forgot about when you'll have to give coverless books the official grade of "Ummm... what."

Edited by valiantman

On 3/21/2023 at 10:17 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm going to start Moody Teenager Grading. Everything gets slabbed as "Fine"

Or "I can't here you." "I thought I did it." "I forgot."

The building listed as their address is a Post Office in Baton Rouge.

I have said this for years and years and years. Whatever you think of CGC - or Voldemort, for that matter - there's an actual place where you can go to see the operation. All of the other fly-by-night grading companies don't have a place.

I'm going to create VGS...Virginia Grading Services...out of my garage storage unit and make a mint.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:35 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Whew, I'm safe as I want to start a comic book grading company: "Good Grading" "Where comic book grading is "A OK", but we prefer to call it "Good!""

(Grading prices vary depending on how we feel. We'll provide your cost after we receive your comic books. SUBMIT NOW!!!)

Screenshot_20230321-145525.thumb.png.5d425067ff1f15334dfab036c3b8b7ad.png

On 3/20/2023 at 12:18 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

lol

Looks like a one-man operation out of Louisiana:

https://goldengrading.com/contact-us/

These are all from the same seller. Who's coincidentally in Louisiana:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw="golden+grading"+comic&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw="golden+grading"&_osacat=0

Grades cards, too. lol

EsPM21GXUAARUPf.jpg

On 3/22/2023 at 9:01 PM, Cat said:

I've seriously wondered what a slab would look like if slabbing had started in the 90's. Now I know..... That. 

I have seen slabs like that when I go grocery shopping. I fill them with vegetables and fruit. But seriously ...

On 3/21/2023 at 3:54 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Whatever you think of CGC - or Voldemort, for that matter - there's an actual place where you can go to see the operation. 

How often have you gone and seen their operations?