• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading For 1st Edition Holo Shadowless Pokemon

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I took these rare Pokémon in lieu of pressing charges against a multi millionaire. I need to have them graded as although I’m a collector, I’m much more a sports cards rather than Pokémon cards collector. I’ve had multiple shop owners from Portland, OR and North Idaho inspect the validity of the cards and all of them have verified they are real and authentic and I need to have them graded in order to sell them for their worth. Can someone please help me? Attached are the pictures. Sorry for any glares. Happy to submit more pictures upon request. Thank you! 
PS it’s only allowing two pictures instead of four. I also have Mewtew and Blastoise. 

Shane M 

B1BF36EA-4BBD-4944-BB6D-691A300F565E.jpeg

FB715A86-66DC-4A0A-9886-01BFE46DC377.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello!

Thank you for your message and WELCOME to CGC!

In order to submit cards to us for grading, you would need to be a paid member of our Collector's Society. Memberships start at $25 per year. You can sign up for membership here: https://www.cgccards.com/join/

Once you are a paid member you would then need to complete an online submission form found on our website. This can be done on your mobile or on a computer here: https://www.cgccards.com/orderform/

The system will walk you through step by step for submitting your cards. You’ll need to have a general idea of the value of each card to help select which grading “tier” or category to submit the card under.  You can find all of our grading tiers and fees here: https://www.cgccards.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Complete the online form and then print your packing slip. This will go in your box with your cards through shipping. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions! 🐁

I’m hesitant to do it just because I know the value of the cards…if these weren’t 1st editions I would feel differently but what’s stopping someone (not accusing, just thinking) from taking a look at the cards once they are sent and swapping them out for a similar, fake card? I know the Charizard alone has been appraised for 4K while another appraiser said minimum 5K. It makes me worried. Any chance you can reaffirm the grading process with a guarantee? I’d love to get these graded and sold. Thanks!

Shane Miller 

13426AB8-BEFA-48D8-8EA6-7760B91E82E8.jpeg

800B84B8-95B9-4915-8043-C967D4A34A8A.jpeg

• Administrator

Hi @ShaneMiller2023, we completely understand your worries, those are some fairly expensive cards! We can assure you that your cards would be in good hands though. We have security cameras throughout the entire grading process. The receivers and graders have cameras above their desks, there are cameras in the hallways between each process your card will go through. We even have a security guard that checks our employees before they come into the building. With all that said, we take the security of your collectible extremely seriously, and you can be sure that it will be safe with us.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!