• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I remove CCS press? Not sent in yet
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I just placed the order but I want to remove ccs pressing. Will they charge me now or can I remove that from the order? Someone said to let it age out so I'm assuming I don't get charged until it's received but I can't wait 10 months for the turn around time of ccs

They do charge $0.10 per invoice created.

I was goofing around a couple months ago and got a call from my bank about 11 separate charges for ten cents each. They were concerned it was a potential access test of a stolen card.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:27 AM, 850chris said:

Right, you would just create a new order without CCS. They won't charge you for the old submission you created with CCS unless you send it in with that specific invoice/submission form (i.e., the old invoice with CCS). 

I do the same thing.  It won't let me to revise it so I have to create the new submission form.   They won't charge you until they receive your books with your new invoice. They will process it BUT they cannot reverse it IF you made a mistake.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:21 AM, Bmiddleton said:

I just placed the order but I want to remove ccs pressing. Will they charge me now or can I remove that from the order? Someone said to let it age out so I'm assuming I don't get charged until it's received but I can't wait 10 months for the turn around time of ccs

CCS doesn't list 10 month TAT. It's much, MUCH less. Like a month or less. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

On 3/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, DougC said:

I was goofing around a couple months ago and got a call from my bank about 11 separate charges for ten cents each. They were concerned it was a potential access test of a stolen card.

CGC already charges $5 per invoice.  hm So when you goof around with the system, they bypass the nickel and go straight to dime-ing you instead. (thumbsu

Edited by Catwomancomics

• Administrator
On 3/24/2023 at 5:25 PM, Ryan. said:
On 3/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, DougC said:

@CGC Mike is this accurate?

No, we don't charge for just creating the online order.  Charges are only applied once we receive the order in the office.  If a person creates an online order but then decides not to send it in, they are not charged anything.  Often times, we might not even have their credit card on file at that point.  

On 3/27/2023 at 6:25 AM, CGC Mike said:

No, we don't charge for just creating the online order.  Charges are only applied once we receive the order in the office.  If a person creates an online order but then decides not to send it in, they are not charged anything.  Often times, we might not even have their credit card on file at that point.  

Let's make certain @DougC sees this.  :foryou:

On 3/27/2023 at 8:25 AM, CGC Mike said:

No, we don't charge for just creating the online order.

I am but a simple man and the internet and computers are scary things so CGC has a much better understanding of this than one such as I.

But if I could bring into question the following:

On 3/27/2023 at 8:25 AM, CGC Mike said:

Often times, we might not even have their credit card on file at that point.  

When you complete an online submission form you do not have the option leaving out a payment method. Either you supply a Credit/Debit number or a check or you cannot move forward with the process of creating a submission. Regardless of a card being on file a payment type is mandatory:

payment.thumb.png.fa021c9824e8f523a67003f2baa2c7d2.png

When you complete this form so you can print it out it gives you the familiar tracking line items as seen below:

Order.thumb.png.4e8a1099d76bdde76d6a3c93e23bad72.png

Since the previous credit card was mandatory it also pre-authorizes your card by creating a debt hold of 0.10 in your financial account for every invoice created:

Pending.thumb.png.5de0922e3bb191f5038f78cecbb81950.png

This pre-authorization hold can last a week or up to three months; I do not know the how/when CGC chooses to remove it outside of the invoice moving to the billing cycle or someone in accounting closing invoices after a certain date.

Both of the above transactions were created last night.

In fairness I may have miss spoke about being fully charged for 0.10 cents, but when I create an invoice it sends a pending charge for each and every one! After the original indecent mentioned I had to white list (trusted source) CGC to my credit union so they would not lock my account for repeated pre-authorizations since they do look like the first step in scam transactions to see if a card will process.

On 3/28/2023 at 3:43 AM, DougC said:

I am but a simple man and the internet and computers are scary things so CGC has a much better understanding of this than one such as I.

But if I could bring into question the following:

When you complete an online submission form you do not have the option leaving out a payment method. Either you supply a Credit/Debit number or a check or you cannot move forward with the process of creating a submission. Regardless of a card being on file a payment type is mandatory:

payment.thumb.png.fa021c9824e8f523a67003f2baa2c7d2.png

When you complete this form so you can print it out it gives you the familiar tracking line items as seen below:

Order.thumb.png.4e8a1099d76bdde76d6a3c93e23bad72.png

Since the previous credit card was mandatory it also pre-authorizes your card by creating a debt hold of 0.10 in your financial account for every invoice created:

Pending.thumb.png.5de0922e3bb191f5038f78cecbb81950.png

This pre-authorization hold can last a week or up to three months; I do not know the how/when CGC chooses to remove it outside of the invoice moving to the billing cycle or someone in accounting closing invoices after a certain date.

Both of the above transactions were created last night.

In fairness I may have miss spoke about being fully charged for 0.10 cents, but when I create an invoice it sends a pending charge for each and every one! After the original indecent mentioned I had to white list (trusted source) CGC to my credit union so they would not lock my account for repeated pre-authorizations since they do look like the first step in scam transactions to see if a card will process.

Wow, nice work. Just to be clear, they reverse/cancel the charge at some point (which we're not aware of)? Or does the dime per invoice actually go thru?

I do believe it is eventually reversed (either by invoice cycle or eventually canceled); I would need to go through a couple different accounts I have used to double check though (it is small enough that I never really payed previous attention to it). This was more me being snarky about the banking issue it caused.

Great documentation, Doug.  (thumbsu  I've never heard of a "pre-authorization debit hold" before this morning, so this is quite interesting.  And yes, while the apparent fee may eventually be cancelled, the fact that it was initially issued does seem to contradict what @CGC Mike relayed to us from CGC's billing/accounting folks.

To the layman (me), this "debit hold" looks like a charge.  So Mike, is this a feature of CGC's billing software, something that only occurs with select accounts, or something that's unique to Doug's bank/card?  (shrug)

• Administrator
On 3/28/2023 at 9:08 AM, zzutak said:

Great documentation, Doug.  (thumbsu  I've never heard of a "pre-authorization debit hold" before this morning, so this is quite interesting.  And yes, while the apparent fee may eventually be cancelled, the fact that it was initially issued does seem to contradict what @CGC Mike relayed to us from CGC's billing/accounting folks.

To the layman (me), this "debit hold" looks like a charge.  So Mike, is this a feature of CGC's billing software, something that only occurs with select accounts, or something that's unique to Doug's bank/card?  (shrug)

I will look into this further.

On 3/28/2023 at 8:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

2c: I don't see how this could be a bank/card situation, as CGC would have to initiate a charge in order for the 'test' to occur.

As was explained to me by my credit union in areas of potential fraud the person will "test" the card by placing a very small hold charge to see if the card is both active and can be used. Once this occurs and is positive it can mean they have both your CC details and pin (then it is off to the spending races). The representative I spoke with explained it using the key logger technology often found on gas station pumps which get everything you input and will often not be used until weeks later so you have no idea where the breach came from. I am regurgitating this info from a very helpful rep that was speaking with me at the time, I am not an expert on this.

Edit:

I think I may have miss understood your statement and replied incorrectly... but the info is still valid I guess.. lol.

Edited by DougC

On 3/28/2023 at 11:20 AM, DougC said:

As was explained to me by my credit union in areas of potential fraud the person will "test" the card by placing a very small hold charge to see if the card is both active and can be used.

Precisely. "The person" in this case would be CGC. The test would only occur if CGC initiates it.

• Administrator

This is from our Accounting Manager.  I will send the OP a screenshot that shows no charges from us

"I do not know why the Credit Union is posting a dime fee, but I’m sure they are either removing it, OR it is a transaction fee they are charging the cardholder.  Either way, we are NOT collecting any funds on a PreAuth transaction.  

PreAuths are nothing new, hotels, restaurants, and the like do it all the time.

In these instances, each time an Online Sales order is created and a credit card is entered, the OSF validates the card.  It is just making sure the card number is a valid card.

A fraud test would be done likely by an unknown merchant account, not by one where the card holder has given consent, such as CCG/CGC"