• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Incredible Hulk #105
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Won this a couple weeks back. This is a book I've been wanting but haven't been actively looking for because most copies above mid-grade are a bit more than I'm willing to pay. Anywho, I bet $2 dollars more than the highest bidder and actually won😁.

The main defects with this book are along the spine and the creasing along the right edge of the URFC. There's a little bit of overhang but I'm pretty sure that can be pressed out. All replies are appreciated. 

20230325_190309.jpg

20230325_190344.jpg

20230325_190437.jpg

20230325_190524.jpg

20230325_190506.jpg

20230326_104804.jpg

On 3/27/2023 at 10:33 PM, Mars76 said:

The spine is not split and the staples are firmly attached.

Still trying to grasp that spine. Should be white, but it's brown. If the top staple is good, is the bottom staple pulled through the centerfold?

On 3/27/2023 at 9:00 PM, cchunn3 said:

Is the spine split? Why can't you see the centerfold top staple?

I'm guessing the book is not open at the centre fold. The page count on the book is 36 and that page is only number 11 accordning to the picture. 

I'm also thinking the UFRC is looking like the early stages of Marvel chipping. It may not effect the grade.

I was thinking more likely 8.5 

Edited by timfinz

The top staple can't be seen because as timfinz thought, the book is not open at the centerfold. The centerfold is the next page over. I don't see any issues with the staples. I see both top and bottom staples in the pictures, they don't appear damaged and haven't popped or pulled through.

Edited by Dick Pontoon