• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

news story on Detroit comic collection
7 7

82 posts in this topic

I saw this video and wondered the same, if the father (Dale/Dell Watts?) was a member of this community because so many of those comics are graded. But many of those comics have a custom label CGC made for this collection, so I am guessing they were graded after the father passed away.

• Administrator
On 3/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, Readcomix said:

I can’t find “Fantast” as a boardie handle, so I guess he wasn’t on here. Is Harley Yee ever on here? Surely, someone who amassed 300,000 books in the Detroit area must have crossed his path.

There was a thread about this in the GA forum.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, Readcomix said:

I can’t find “Fantast” as a boardie handle, so I guess he wasn’t on here. Is Harley Yee ever on here? Surely, someone who amassed 300,000 books in the Detroit area must have crossed his path.

They consigned some stuff with Harley, I bought a few at the Heritage Summit. 

On 3/28/2023 at 11:05 AM, piper said:

I think they were a little hard on the Dad.  That family hit the jackpot!

It's only hoarding if it takes over your life...

It sounds like it did though. That it did end up being worth a lot of money doesn't change how it affected things when he was alive